• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Somebody, stop me

Started by Tiny Tim, February 03, 2007, 06:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I've had my Bradley Origina for just over a month now, and I've just placed my second order (first order was a Maverick ET73, and I just ordered some cure/seasonings from High Mountain) for stuff I wouldn't have ordered if I hadn't had this unit.  Granted, it's less than $100 so far, but I'm getting worried. :D

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Arcs_n_Sparks

Don't worry; this problem will pass in 20 to 25 years.....

Arcs_n_Sparks

Tiny Tim

That's what I'm afraid of...don't know if I can afford 20 years. :D

iceman

Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 03, 2007, 07:46:18 AM
That's what I'm afraid of...don't know if I can afford 20 years. :D
I'm going on 30 years of the "smoking" habit. Say brother, can ya spare a dime? ??? :D ;D ;)

Tiny Tim

All I have is a nickel, and I'm saving that for a trip to Cabela's to possibly buy a meat grinder/sausage stuffer, some smoke pucks, and maybe some extra racks. :D  My buddy wants to check out the store, and we'll probably hit Hooters for a beer or 3.  ;D

Wildcat

Money well spent - especially if you consider what you would pay by dining out for food that can't compare with what you produce and miss out on the fun IMHO! ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Sounds like your off to a great start.  I used to complain i could not go into a home depot without leaving $100 behind.  Since I got the smoker I spend more time at Mike's Meats.  Not sure of the savings but smoking becomes a great hobby.   ;D I too am accepting any contributions to support this eating habit anyone wanting to help is welcome to PM me.... ;) :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

If you think smokin' is an expensive hobby you should try smokin' & fishin'!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Let's see... been smokin' about 8 months... DBS... ET73... circulation fan mod... built dbs into heated garage with range hood... just built a PID... next, permanent cold smoke box.

Then there's fishin'... $55,000 boat... 30 to 40 rods & reels... truck to pull it...

Actually, now that I think about it.... I think I better quit thinking about it!

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Consiglieri

Mr. Walleye:  Did you find your dbs produced a better finished product with the PID?  I mostly hot smoke, but haven't noticed any bad results, even with the dbs' infrequent temp sampling cycle.

Cheers
Consiglieri

NePaSmoKer

Everytime i mention Cabelas my wife blows an A$$ gasket.  Cabelas only 30 mins from me WHOO HOO

nepas.

Mr Walleye

Consiglieri

I just built the PID and I have a faulty SSR. They have shipped me a new one so I will post once I have used it once or twice. What I'm doing is supplying power directly from AC to the PID and the PID directly to the tower element. This way I can still used the smoke generator timer and read the box temp on it. Also the 9 hour and 40 minute restriction will no longer apply. I'llkeep you guys posted.

NePas

You Dog! I have to rely on ordering off the internet from there. Unfortunately... a couple akey strocks and it's done!

Of course I have it all delivered to my office address!  ;)  ;)  ;)

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Sorry Mike

The Cabelas Hamburg PA store is the biggest tourist spot in PA so they say. Couple weeks before fishin/huntin seasons open up dont even try to look for a parking spot and when they have big Too Doo's like bbq people there to show off their new products OH MAN. Folks come from all over.

I think my next new item is going to be the big Cabelas dehydrator. But honey I have had it in the garage for months  ::)  ;D  ;D

nepas

Mr Walleye

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on February 03, 2007, 03:08:14 PM
But honey I'v had this in the garage for months  ::)

You got it NePas!  ;D

Green with jealousy
Mike