Spare Ribs, I need help

Started by Jack, August 31, 2004, 01:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

New to smoking, Need HELP! What is the Max # of racks and at what temp for how long and how long do I leave the smoke on for. My wife has about 12 people commimg over for Ribs this weekend. Please HELP!!!

Chez Bubba

Jack,

Just read through the topics & posts. 90% of your questions have already been answered.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

msiler

A quick reccomendation... For doing ribs I purchased 4 basic non-stick roast racks if you break the handle off they sit perfectly upside down in the smoker racks and each one will hold about 2 1/2 racks of ribs (5 half rack pieces) in an upright position. So if i were to load this up completely it would do about 10 racks of babybacks at a time.

I believe the roast racks are a standard size but just in case measure before you buy just in case.

When in doubt smoke it.

Jack

Thanks, You were right, About 90% of my questions have been answered.

Things not answered are,after 7 or 8 hours in the BS is a short time on the grill the best way to go?

If I use 8 cook racks with 1 St Louis Slab per rack (total 8 slabs) will BS cook time change?

Thanks again, This Forum is great.

PS. I will order, Smoke & Spice.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Jack,

Just read through the topics & posts. 90% of your questions have already been answered.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Jack

Thanks,
 I do the extra racks, However I am cooking St Louis ribs (I think they are called) So I thought 1 slab per rack (total 8 slabs) might be good?

What do you think.

Thanks again

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by msiler</i>
<br />A quick reccomendation... For doing ribs I purchased 4 basic non-stick roast racks if you break the handle off they sit perfectly upside down in the smoker racks and each one will hold about 2 1/2 racks of ribs (5 half rack pieces) in an upright position. So if i were to load this up completely it would do about 10 racks of babybacks at a time.

I believe the roast racks are a standard size but just in case measure before you buy just in case.

When in doubt smoke it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

MallardWacker

Jack,

<u><font color="red">DO USE </font id="red"></u>the St. Louis style.  If you use the brisket type cut you will get some stuff you really don't want.  I learned the hard way on this one.  The St. Louis will be a bit more $$ but it will be worth it.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...