Favorite Flavor Poll

Started by cingnut, March 28, 2007, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

Help me out folks....  I want a big sample on this poll, my 6 rack is on its way, and I want to order some pucks and bubba pucks before it gets here.

Wildcat

Hard to help you very much.  Woods range from sweet to mild to heavy.  It really depends on what you smoke and personal taste.  Order a little of all, i.e. the variety pack.

Hickory, Mesquete, Pecan, and Oak are generally accepted by most as the prime woods for beef.

My favorite for beef is Oak and Pecan, but for other things, like pork, I prefer Apple and Cherry.

I believe most use Alder for fish.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

cingnut

HOLY COW!  99 views and only 24 votes??  Lots of visitors??  I assume only memebers can vote.

West Coast Kansan

the worst is cherry, gives me a headache  :-\

If it was only hogs on the island i would say maple
if it was only chicken on the island i would say pecan
if it was only beef on the island i would say oak
if all i would have is fish to eat i would say alder
if only veggies were growing i would say apple

;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Wildcat

Thanks WCK.  I forgot about maple (which I am out of).  It is good on pig.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Fire up the RV, stop in SD have lunch with Gizmo, Owrstrich and I downtown at HashHouse and then it is Maple Hog Belly on Sunday. Gotta leave NOW though  ;D  ;D  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: cingnut on March 29, 2007, 04:22:33 PM
HOLY COW!  99 views and only 24 votes??  Lots of visitors??  I assume only memebers can vote.

I suspect someone that returns is also counted as a view.

LilSmoker

cingnut: It does really depend on what's actually being smoked, but it's also fun to experiment.

I voted oak because it can be used to smoke lot's of stuff, results depending on what's being smoked can be from ok, to awesome! so imo oak would be a good choice to start with.

I also really like hickory and maple, but to be honest all the flavours are lovely  ::) ;D it's all down to the chosen food and personal taste, but the experimenting is a lot of fun ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes