• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Adventures of the Chuck roll Part ONE

Started by CLAREGO, June 16, 2007, 05:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLAREGO

chuck roll

Here it is 9lbs of it

Rub anyone  :P

in the smoker

URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2912887820101540566djNUGK][/URL]

smoking indoors

More details later
Theclarego

4 hour mark added the last two pucks too burn

thats one seasoned brick sometimes you dont what you have until you take a picture lol

more details later
its 1:15 got the polder out the temp is only 145  >:( i have a fix for that.
i took the roll out saran wrap it tight foil it now its in my oven at 300 degress

Consiglieri

Why the coffee can on the vent?  Is is ducted to outdoors somehow?
Consiglieri

West Coast Kansan

Nice looking piece of meat  :) Hoping that can is not blocking the vent  ??? and is just providing a little protection from that big box fan blowing the smoke out the door.   ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

CLAREGO

that can is there for when i make sausage and or jerky i put a cpu fan on top of that and it helps with the drying process dramatically

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

chuck steak

Quote from: TheCLAREGO on June 16, 2007, 10:00:16 AM
that can is there for when i make sausage and or jerky i put a cpu fan on top of that and it helps with the drying process dramatically
cpu fan ? ok ,I'll be the one that ask what is it. I know its a small fan. wind up, battery or what? ( LOL)

SKSmoker

cpu fan... it is the fan that cools your processor in your computer. the computer chip that you buy in GHZ, is referred to as the CPU <central processing unit>

It runs off of 12V in your computer. You can get varying sizes with differing CFM.

I have been meaning to do a chuck roll. Let us know how it turns out. So far it looks good!
Lead by example

West Coast Kansan

i took the roll out saran wrap it tight foil it now its in my oven at 300 degress

Saran wrap at 300  ??? how did that go>  :o

tsquared

What an awesome idea the can and the cpu fan is. I'm going to try that for the first batch of salmon I do this season to help dry them out. The best ideas are the simplest...thanks Clarego!
T2

CLAREGO

sorry not respond sooner everyone.. finally getting calls for interviews. Saran wrap premium and cooking match. you have to make sure you get the right kind though. it does not melt to a certain point.saran wrap premium will not melt. in fact it helps the process cook a lot faster i did 2 9lbs butts in 6-8 hours. this is my first time doing chuck roll and its one yummy pulled beef.

CLAREGO

the cpu i got an old cell phone charger of course it was 12 volts and i place 1 -2 coffee cans(this depends on the temparature of course) on top of the smoker it helps with the drying time for jerky and drys it out a lot quicker infact i hated making jerky till i tried this !         I am in the process of finishing the original post/pics

CLAREGO

and i am not sure what temperature the saran wrap melting point is but thats why i used foil.

CLAREGO

These Are the pictures of the final Product Will be making this on a regular bases  ;D

NePaSmoKer

I use the vent also but just a little different.

nepas  ;D

CLAREGO

ok nepas got me beet lol :-\                Nepas explain explain what parts you used? \
clarego