• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pork loin

Started by rogerran, August 20, 2007, 08:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerran

7 pound boneless loin was thinking about smoked chops but don't know where to go from here, brine or cure

MRH

I did a loin a while back and used Buckboard Bacon cure on it.  I smoked it and it was a lot like a ham, very good ;D  I have a loin curing now using Tender Quick and various spices. It is divided into 3 pieces each using different spices.  Can't wait to finish it in 10 days or so.  here is the post from when I did the BBB http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=3836.msg33529#msg33529

Mark

NewToSmok

I did a bone-in loin about 4 weeks ago, used a brine.  I used salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, and spices and it turned out fabulous.  I brined it in two pieces, smoked it with apple then cut it up in chops and froze what we didn't eat. 

Just a light grill to warm em and give em some plate appeal and they were very moist and delicious every time.  I am definitely doing it again. 

Using tender quick or cure salt #1 will make your loin into candian bacon if you brine too long.
Eat, Drink and Smoke!
Be Merry!!!

whitetailfan

Try here smoked chops
Look at the second and third pages, its an old thread with lots of changes and notes to get to my final recipe.
Good luck.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Skipystu

I did a large loin a while back, cut it in half. Half spent about 24 hours in a BBQ sauce and the other half spent abuot 24 hours in a teriyaki  sauce.

Right before cooking I put on a Cajun rub to give them some kick.

Smoked them overnight, ftc, and then chopped them into about 1 inch slices.

So good!

Malc

I like to marinate in a mojo style marinade, slice it thin, and make Cuban sandwiches.  Nothing better in my opinion.
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.