Reveo Recipes

Started by Mr Walleye, August 22, 2007, 08:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I thought we should get a thread going where everybody can post their marinade recipes that you use in your Reveo. I brought this up in another thread and thought I'd post it here. I've only had mine a few months now but I regularly use it for jerky, steaks and vegetables. I've used a commercial Kobe marinade on steaks that was really good. I've also simply used house Italian dressing on vegetables for grilling which is also good. I have used EVOO mixed with Lemon Pepper on shrimp, also good. So far I have mainly used commercial marinades but I'm very interested in what concoctions you guys are whipping up.

What are you putting in your Reveo?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Mr Walleye on August 22, 2007, 08:01:04 PM
What are you putting in your Reveo?

Mike

Adult beverages plus ice.........

Arcs_n_Sparks

Mr Walleye

:D  :D  ;D

That's a big shooter glass Arcs!  :o

Mike

iceman

Rum and coke, lightly tumbled, not shaken or stirred, hold the lime. ;D

Habanero Smoker

Geez Iceman;

Now you got me thinking about making big batches of Mojitos.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Payson

I don't have the Reveo but use the vacuum container that my sealer came with. I marinate jerky in it and it makes a nice difference. Is the Reveo seriously worth the money? They're rather pricey!

iceman

Quote from: Payson on August 23, 2007, 10:33:02 AM
I don't have the Reveo but use the vacuum container that my sealer came with. I marinade jerky in it and it makes a nice difference. Is the Reveo seriously worth the money? They're rather pricey!
I do the same thing too Payson and found the Reveo to be faster because of the tumbling action. Heck if you want to save over a hundred bucks just shake your vac container around a little. It might even help to burn the calories off before you add them back on after eating what your marinading. :D ;D ;)
Me, I like to load the Reveo, then go fire up the grill and fix a cold one while it's doing it's thing. :) Either way your getting the same results. Enjoy! ;D

acords

Quotefix a cold one

Hey Ice, I'm starting to see a pattern here ;)
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

iceman

Quote from: acords on August 23, 2007, 10:48:41 AM
Quotefix a cold one

Pattern heck!!!
Doc said water can rust pipes and straight coke can eat steel up so I figure cutting the stuff with rum and whiskey is the only safe thing a guy can do. :D ;D ;)

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on August 23, 2007, 10:52:22 AM
Quote from: acords on August 23, 2007, 10:48:41 AM
Quotefix a cold one

Pattern heck!!!
Doc said water can rust pipes and straight coke can eat steel up so I figure cutting the stuff with rum and whiskey is the only safe thing a guy can do. :D ;D ;)

Good preservative.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

Rehab is for quitters.
Consiglieri

NePaSmoKer

I do just about all my marinating in my Reveo. Think they are $149 now. hmmm with my discount its around $87.50  ;D

nepas

Mr Walleye

NePas... That's a heck of a deal!

For the rest of us though.... Begolf25 is offering them to forum members for $120... Also a heck of a deal!

Mike

begolf25

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 24, 2007, 05:09:43 AM
I do just about all my marinating in my Reveo. Think they are $149 now. hmmm with my discount its around $87.50  ;D

nepas

NePa,

We might have to work out an arrangement if you are getting them that cheap.  How many can you but at one time? ;)

Habanero Smoker

I guess it is time to post a recipe on this thread. :)

I often marinade my jalapenos prior to making ABT's

2 pounds jalapenos
1/4 C. Honey or Maple syrup
1/4 C. Lime Juice
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg

Core of slice jalapenos length ways and remove stems, seeds and veins. Thoroughly mix honey, lime juice and nutmeg. If using honey, you may have to add additional lime juice to thin out the marinade. Tumble for 15-20 minutes.

Instead of using a combination of honey in lime, use 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)