Whoo Hoo, my guru power raptor came today!!

Started by SmokinMoe, November 17, 2004, 08:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

Now what?  LOL
It looks so technical that I will have to actually re-read the instructions.
Going tonight to Sam's to pick up my meat, then going to rub it and let it sit until Saturday, and I will start my first smoke.  Tomorrow, I am going to break in the machine.
I have mucho pucks coming from Chez Bubba and I think I will be in business by Thanksgiving if we don't die from the first attempted smoke/cook episode.  
I am finally getting excited.
Bill, any thoughts on the installation of the guru now that you have mastered it?
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

nsxbill

It is just too easy. Remember to put the BS slider switch all the way to high.  Plug the Raptor into the fan side of the Competitor controller and the 12V into the 12V hole.  Set your BS temp on the pit temp and the meat temp and then turn it on.  If you don't want to hear the alarm, right after turning it on press on the alarm and hold for a few seconds to put it into the good neighbor mode.  

Remember that the BS unit plugs into the Raptor and the smoke generator plugs into the wall.  The Raptor and the 12V power supply also need to be plugged in.  I got a real high amp power strip with a switch on it, and use it to plug everything into.  

You will love it!  I expect my Guru Procomm4 remote unit tomorrow or Friday.  Excited about it coming.  I got it back in October, but there was a delay in shipping because the front cover was cut too large and they had to get another vendor to do it right.

Regards and happy guru'ing.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Going tonight to Sam's to pick up my meat, then going to rub it and let it sit until Saturday<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What are you going to rub it with? You still are not going to try a cure a Fresh Ham for Thanksgiving at this late day are you? If that is your thinking, believe me you don't have enough time. It will turn more out like roasted pork.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Thevenin

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SmokinMoe</i>
<br />Now what?  LOL
Going tonight to Sam's to pick up my meat, then going to rub it and let it sit until Saturday, and I will start my first smoke.  Tomorrow, I am going to break in the machine.
I have mucho pucks coming from Chez Bubba and I think I will be in business by Thanksgiving
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gotta love it.  I used the Power Raptor/Guru for my first real smoke yesterday.  It really takes a lot of the PITA factor out of it.  To quote the bard "Set it and forget it"

Thev.

SmokinMoe

No, I was going to try a Boston Butt or a brisket, you know, one of those meats you say you can't ruin.  
I am following Olds method for the ham next week.  I think if someone has come up with a tried and true method, why not try it?
When I know what I am doing, then I can try some different things, but right now, I admit my ignorance, and will happily follow the leader so to speak.
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"