Smok1nMoe and all...pictures

Started by Oldman, November 18, 2004, 01:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I "T-Shirt" smoked that picnic today for Sunday's dinner. However, I could not find where my wife had put my smokin' T-Shirts so I use a couple of light weight Soda towels.

Wrap

After 6 hours of smokin'

Cooled and wrapped in plastic.

Now because I used soda towels instead of my T-Shirts I figure the flavor will be more to my Mother's liking.  I like a little more smoke than her.

Anyway I will bake this picnic-ham on Sunday with all of the trimmings. Pinepple rings, cherries, cloves, brown sugar etc. I will do a raisin sauce using golden raisins for one of the side dishes. Fresh collards greens, sliced cukes and tomatos, and a raw apple cake with Ho-made caramel sauce.

I hope what I have said here and on the other thread to SmokinMoe opens up ideas as to what enhancement of foods the Bradley can give you rather than just the though line of pure smokin'.

The first time you "enhance" and have folks over who know nothing about it you will almost laugh when their eyes pop out and they say...WoW this is the best ham I've ever had. What did you do to it, or Where did you get it?

I always reply...family secret. If I told ya I would have to kill ya~~!

So break out them there T-Shirts and get to smokin'
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SmokinMoe

Ok, now I am know I am glad I saw the pictures, I would've died if it came out looking like the fourth picture if I had not have seen your picture first!!
Pretty simple step-by-step and I sure appreciate the effort it took to do that!!
I am getting excited, I hope I have the results you have!! If not, my husband will kill me.  He thinks I was crazy forking out the money for the Bradley in the first place.  
I just bought a primo oval for him for Christmas so he had better be nice to me or I will tell him it is mine and he can't touch! LOL
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

BigSmoker

SmokinMoe,
If you have the Bradley and the Primo you are really in business.  Let me incourage you to buy one of the Primo Pizza stones and bake bread and of course pizza in the Oval.  You just can't beat fresh bread or pizza cooked on a ceramic grill[;)].

Olds,
Thanks for the pics.  I bet that ham is going to taste fantastic[:p].
What exactly is a raw apple cake?

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Oldman

Jeff I will post the reciepe for the cake when my wife gets home. She has it put up. I will tell you this. I do an age prime grade prime rib (full one) and all of the shrimp you can eat at Christmas. I server this for desert. When it is all over with the only thing people talk about is the raw apple cake with Ho-made caramel sauce.

It is simple to make and if there was a desert for the Gods this is it!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Olds,

Please give the GPS coordinates to your house, I got this Santa thing going on and I love SHRIMP.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

Olds,
Your wife has been gone for a very long time[:D].  Just kidding, but I did already promise a raw apple cake to all my co-workers, just kidding again.  When you get a chance.  Maybe for Christmas?  O.K. this is when my wife says "Your a _ick"[;)].

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.