• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ongoing forum issues

Started by LilSmoker, February 07, 2008, 01:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

At the bottom of the page it says -

Powered by SMF 1.1 RC2

Which means, if I'm reading this correctly, that they are using a Release Candidate of the software and not a real release version.  It definitely should be updated if they are serious about maintaining a reliable board.  Perhaps it has been outsourced to Bangalore  >:( >:(

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Wildcat

It is the worse I have seen yet.  :(
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

It is the worse I have seen yet.  :(

Ontrack

Are we back? Still seems somewhat abnormal now, blocks of text still missing from some boards and even a couple of days of posts missing...hmmm :-\

LilSmoker

Phew!, hi everybody, obviously couldn't post because of the obvious problems we've had here.

Well the good news is i have been in fairly regular contact today with Kam, he is the IT manager at bradley, he is now very aware of the issues, and is going to look into getting things sorted this week

I was trying to figure out a way of letting everybody know, as the only member i had contact with was Mike (Consiglieri)

Anyway, at least for now we can use the forum, and we now know that things are being looked at. Yesterdays problem was caused by a data base error.

So........hopefully soon we'll be back to our former glory  ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Ontrack

Way to go, LilSmoker, thanks alot!

car54

Thanks for your help Lilsmoker. Has any one watched the 1st Never Ending Story movie when the earth was beeing taken over by the nothing? That what the forum was like, the nothing was taking over.

Again, Thanks, Brad

La Quinta

Hey car54...I loved that movie!! :) It was cute! (But I'm a chick...so...)!!!

car54

La Quinta , I am not a chick but the movie had a lot of heart in it. Great movie.

Brad

Wildcat

coyote

.....Jerry and George were writing a pilot for a sitcom about nothing..... ???

Coyote

LilSmoker

Haha! yeah it has become a bit of a "never ending story" but hopefully we will have the happy ending that we all want

I've just had another mail from Kam, and he says on Friday (15th Feb) 10 am PST, they will update the data base to a new version, in the hope that this will fix the problem.

I would think there'll be some down time, so just wanted to give everybody some advanced warning.

If i receive any further info, i'll post it here.

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mr Walleye

LS

Good to see them doing something for sure. The last couple of days I've seen a couple different administrators logged in which is good to see for sure. Hopefullly they can get the issues resolved, then continue to keep the forum updated so this great resource is not lost.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Thanks for keeping on top of things LS. The site was starting to get so I didn't bother with it. Between my net provider and site problems I was going crazy not to mention this Vista garbage on the new laptop. >:(
Sometimes I miss the days of when you flicked the switch, the light turned on - end of program. :D

Consiglieri

Thanks for the word, LS. 

To the rest of you, if there's a need to communicate if/when this site is down, the recipe site provides the ability to email or PM members who are registered there.  Hopefully, we won't have to go that route.
Consiglieri