• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ongoing forum issues

Started by LilSmoker, February 07, 2008, 01:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilSmoker

Hi all, hope everybody is ok?, haven't been around lately as i've had a few problems, and been very busy with work etc, that's life i guess  ::)

Anyway, thought i'd let you know, i sent some more mails regarding the forum, but this time no replies?, i have just sent another 5 minutes ago, so i'm optomistic of hearing something?

I was thinking of asking Bradley if we could take over the running of the forum in order to keep it all up to date and running smooth. However, if i remember right, Olds asked them the same thing a while back, and the answer was no?  :'(

It really doesn't take up much time to keep this kind of forum in order, so i'm a little surprised that it's been left to get to this stage?, especially as we all endorse how good the Bradley actually is?, and add to the fact that it's such a friendly and very informative community here, you would think somebody would be taking good care of it?

Anyway, if i hear anything i'll post right away

Regards all  LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Hi LilSmoker;

Glad to see you posting again. I saw you other post about not being able to smoke in a while. My area has been getting rain for four days. I hope it lets up soon. I have a brisket ready to go, and Canadian bacon planned for Sunday.

I appreciate you staying on this problem. I don't understand what is taking so long. This forum not only endorses how good the Bradley is, but I am sure this forum reduces a lot of tech support calls, which must be saving them a huge amount of money.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Welcome back LS.  Been missing that smiling mug of yours.  :)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

I have to agree LS that this site is a value to Bradley and needs to be maintained a bit better. There is a wealth of informantion here that is shared and many sales have resulted from this forum. One would think it would be in Bradleys best interest to keep this forum running smooth.
Good to hear from you again and thanks for staying after them to fix the forum.  ;)

mybad

Good idea...we should have a couple of Mod's, and at least two Admin. They should be someone who has a history here, and who has a good head about them.

Ontrack

I can think of several qualified smokers (experts) to assume those positions... :)

Mr Walleye

I agree we should have some Mod's around. Although having said that there really hasn't been many problems here in the forums (thank goodness) with the exception of keeping the forum updated. I'm on the forum quit a bit and I do notice up to two hidden users from time to time. I'm not sure who they are of course but I assume admin.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Quote from: Mr Walleye on February 07, 2008, 05:43:42 PM
I agree we should have some Mod's around. Although having said that there really hasn't been many problems here in the forums (thank goodness) with the exception of keeping the forum updated. I'm on the forum quit a bit and I do notice up to two hidden users from time to time. I'm not sure who they are of course but I assume admin.

Mike

Same here.

coyote

I will stand shoulders together with you guys anytime.

bigredsmoker

Seeing as the site was down almost all day today I think something needs to be done. I'm behind you brother, let's get this forum up to date ASAP!!

Wildcat

I agree, but it is possible that it was down all day because someone was trying to fix it.

Arcs_n_Sparks

I think it was down due to the major prime rib event in Southern California!!!!!!!!!

:D 8) :D

La Quinta

I thought the same thing Arcs!!! :)

West Coast Kansan

Burp... if thats the case we should be ok now. :-\

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

LilSmoker

Hi all, well it does seem like somebody has tried to fix things up, but atm i don't think they were successful?

The preview still doesn't work, and now i notice blocks of text missing from the boards, and non hosted avatars still not working?

Maybe the site was down due to server problems?

I really hope they get on top of it soon, as it now seems even worse?

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes