A Thursday Briskit

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 12, 2008, 05:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Have a briskit all rubbed and ready for smoke on thursday. Going to hit it with some hickory.

nepas

Big Dawgg

Looks good. I am going to have to try a brisket soon.

About how long are you planning on it taking to get it done?
Dawgg

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Big Dawgg on March 12, 2008, 05:15:35 PM
Looks good. I am going to have to try a brisket soon.

About how long are you planning on it taking to get it done?

Going with 2 hrs of smoke then just heat. Should take around 8 hrs.

nepas

Ontrack

Looks great nepas-nothin' better than a brisket in my opinion! :)

Mr Walleye

Mmmmm......  8)

Looks great NePas!

Can't wait for the after picture.... errrr.....ahhh..... before ya eat it!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Here is the briskit at 4 hours. Internal meat temp is at 142* Done with 6 pucks of hickory @225 on my Guru/Raptor. Looks pretty moist so i dont think i am going to boat it  ;D

nepas

Mr Walleye

Mmmm...... Crap NePas! I'm at work!  ::)  :D

Looks great!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Very nice. How long 'til supper ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

pensrock

Looks great nepas! I can't believe my keyboard keeps working with all the drool on it.

I'm waiting to hear back from my brother but I think we will be going to Hamburg this Sat. Not sure if you'll be working or not but I'll stop in your department. Do you happen to know the best way to get there from I-80? We'll be traveling eastbound. I'm going to look it up at work tomorrow, just thought you may know the best way.
Thanks, pensrock

NePaSmoKer

Here is the briskit all done. Went for 6.5 hrs. Now FTC for awhile  ;D

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on March 13, 2008, 12:25:13 PM
Looks great nepas! I can't believe my keyboard keeps working with all the drool on it.

I'm waiting to hear back from my brother but I think we will be going to Hamburg this Sat. Not sure if you'll be working or not but I'll stop in your department. Do you happen to know the best way to get there from I-80? We'll be traveling eastbound. I'm going to look it up at work tomorrow, just thought you may know the best way.
Thanks, pensrock

Hey pensrock

Yeah i work sat 8-4pm. Just ask for Rick B  ;D
I think if you get on I80 you can catch RT 61 S thru pottsville to cabelas. RT61 and I78 meet.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Eatin briskit with Goose Bay sauce  ;D

AHHH LIFE IS GOOD  :o

nepas

Tiny Tim

How big was that bad boy?  I've got a <3# waiting for me to do, and I was gonna get 'er done this weekend, but I've got a function to attend early Saturday afternoon, and I don't wish to be cookin' it during the race on Sunday, since I want to be smoking some Jerky then. 

If I know it'll take 6-10 hours, I'll start it just before leaving for the function (should only be gone 2-3 hours) and be back in plenty of time for it to be done, and not have to stay up until midnight either.

Ontrack

My gosh nepas-that looks delicious! What was your IT when you pulled it? Was it as tender as it looks? I've been taking my briskets to 190-195 lately, the last one was falling apart tender and moist. I would like to hit one falling apart tender and JUICY. I have never boated, I just spritz every hour after the smoke is done. I also cook start to finish in the DBS. Our oven is a two door thing (which I probably couldn't even turn on), with the regular oven on the bottom and a smaller convection oven on top. I'm not sure, but I don't think it has a temp probe, so I just go DBS all the way. But, as always, I am very open to suggestions. ;)

NePaSmoKer

Total time from smoke and ftc was 8.5 hrs.

nepas