Proud Bradley Smoker Owner(with pics)

Started by mcanik, March 17, 2008, 08:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcanik

I just purchased my Bradley Smoker today and I am looking forward to using it. Glad to be part of this forum. Looks like I have lots to learn and lots of Bradley pros to lear from. Thanks

Dan.

West Coast Kansan

Welcome,  Everyone learns here so share your experiences and questions and advice.  Much fun ahead  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum!

Don't be a stranger and keep us filled in on your smokes.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

hotrod

Hi there I am new here as well did my first smoke of deer jerky WOW 7 hours later its AWESOME... even took pictures!!!  bought it saturday and first smoke monday night!!!! thats what im talkin about ... been tryin to add a picture now having some issues .... so happy i got this unit from Canadian tire .... looking at getting another ... Is there a way to add more racks i had them all full to the max but have lots of deer do i have to do it all seperately ??  please let me know

Thanks
ROD

Mr Walleye

Rod

You can get another set of 4 racks, you just have to invert them and because of their shape it works very well.

Mike

PS
Here is a link to a picture of 12 racks of jerky in my 4 rack DBS.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6130.0

hotrod

Thanks Mike
Great Idea

where can i buy the racks from?  right from Bradley?  let me know when ya can i think i will also buy another smoker one for home and one for the cabin... the price is right thats for sure.. Once a person gets the hang of it just have to be a day ahead of schedule and cure or marinate everything i could see this thing replacing my stove... I like to cook way to much!   ;D

Mr Walleye

In Canada you can order them directly from Bradley. I have seen the regular racks here at our Canadian Tire store before. Don't waste your money on the jerky racks because the non-stick coating doesn't last. You can use the Jerky Screens on top of the regular racks. They are also available from Bradley. Here is the link.
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/main-page.asp

Here is a link to a member's site in the USA as well.
http://www.yardandpool.com/home.php?cat=22

Mike

Gizmo

Welcome mcanik,
Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.  Please keep us up to date with what you got going on. 

hotrod, what issues are you having posting pictures?  You need to use a hosting service like Photobucket.  Many (like Photobucket) are free.  Once you sign up on their site, you click on the upload button, find the picture on your hard drive, select the file, then upload.  After uploading, click on the IMG box below the picture, the tags to the picture are copied into your clipboard and all you do is click on paste in the reply box here and you are done.  Sounds more complicated than it is. 
I don't recall if you mentioned if you had a 4 rack or a 6 rack.  As Mike mentioned you can invert a set of Racks and double your count.  I believe he has also used some wood spacers in a 4 rack and was able to add some in that fassion as well.  There is more shelf spacing in the 4 racks so the wood spacer setup looked like a great way to expand some capability.  There are also stiff jerky drying screens that would be sandwiched between a regular and an inverted rack that would expand a 4 rack to 12 and a 6 rack to 18.  I haven't done this yet but have been looking at different jerky screens that would be capable of doing this.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hotrod

Thanks for the help... I am still trying usually pretty good with this stuff..getting the pictures  to where I need them  .I have a 4 rack I just purchased on Saturday and already had smoke flyin by monday morning... I will check C tire to see if they have the racks here in town..going to try some turkey jerky next ... Takes some time to find the answers here but with all the great help that seems to be here I am sure it will happen in a couple days.. cheers to all that are of assistance  muchly appreciated  ..  when it comes to cleaning the smoker what all do ya clean just the racks?  and empty the   excess chips?

ROD

Mr Walleye

Rod

As far as cleaning goes I usually clean my racks and V-pan by soaking them for a half hour or so them scrub them off. It sometimes helps to use a little Pam on the racks before you use them. The other thing you should do is wipe down the door seal and its mating suface after each use because sometimes after the smoker cools it can cause the seal to stick. Other than that every once in a while I will take the screw out of the vent and clean it as well. It can get a little stcky too.

Mike

hotrod

still cant figure out the picture thing  hmmm  trying to copy and paste from photobucket

1 cup of brown sugar
1/5 cup of salt
garlic salt
hot sauce few tbls
red wine 1/2cup
soya sauce few tbls
worchesterchire  sauce fwe tbls
water..1/4 cup..garlic powder tsp ..pepper...tsp
1100 am...stir every 5 hours..put in big bowl with lid start smoker at 1045
add meat at 12 45
put all thin slices on racks near middle inch from all edges
check on meat at 330 still needs more
should be done at 630 I let cool in smoker and whallaa!!

time to chow down !!!!

Mr Walleye

Rod

If you follow Gizmo's instructions you should be able to get it done. If can post a link to your photos page We might be able to help you out.

Mike

PS
Here is the Part of Gizmo's instructions you need to follow.
"click on the IMG box below the picture, the tags to the picture are copied into your clipboard and all you do is click on paste in the reply box here and you are done." 

mcanik

Rod
I just got mine at Canadian tire as well. Couldn't pass up the sale price at all!!

hotrod

They say smokin takes patience ...well with enough patience ya can even get a picture figured out!!! thanks for the help mike and Gizmo  who takes pictures of food well ...I do I love cooking!!!!!no with a smoker i can just see them reproduce on my back deck for another one at the cabin!!!!  cheers I am looking into getting some stainless racks made