Help wanted from New Yorkers!

Started by manxman, April 17, 2008, 12:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

QuoteTo bad some of those BMW's didn't wash up on shore awhile back when the floods were happening Manx

:D :D :D
Manxman

La Quinta

Come on Manx...what's the poop? (Geez Manx...I'm a chick...we don't wait...)!!!! :)

manxman

QuoteCome on Manx...what's the poop? (Geez Manx...I'm a chick...we don't wait...)!!!!

Presume "poop" is the same as "skeet" around here ...... gossip!?  ;) :D

No real news yet, I have sent off a letter with a bit of info about the Isle of Man together with my address and email address and hope for a reply in the next couple of weeks.  Just hope it's not some "bunny boiler" ;D ::) :o

There was a telephone number but part of it is obliterated.

Will keep you posted......... chicks are obviously the same the world over!!  :D :D
Manxman

La Quinta

Yeah...we are!! Kinda comforting isn't it!!! :)

West Coast Kansan

Looking forward to hearing if this is all for real ... should be interesting manxman.

LaQ, so what is the poop on global comfort  ::)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on April 20, 2008, 11:55:53 AM
Yeah...we are!! Kinda comforting isn't it!!! :)

You're idea of comfort and mine must be two different things  ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

Oh...come on Duck...we're not thaaattt bad!! :)

Ontrack

OK....whatever you say, LQ.  :-\ :)

Smoking Duck

Naw....I love women.....I believe every man should own one  ;) :o ;D  Now before you go sicking NOW on me, please know I was only joking.  To be quite honest, while I razz on my wife all the time, truth be told I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her.  She has kept me going through all of the hard times and has stuck beside me whatever may come.  I couldn't do it without her and know that it in my heart.

Is she still looking over my shoulder??????????????

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

Funny Duck...you're off the hook (for now)...OnTrack...dude...need a recipe? :)

Arcs_n_Sparks

I remain, drinking at a distance.....   :D :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

La Quinta

And we would expect nothing less Arcs!!!

Arcs_n_Sparks

Consistency is a benchmark for me.........   8)

manxman

For those of you that asked for the outcome of this tale this is the email I got from "Natalie in Long Island", the bottom line is that the note is genuine!!

Hello Paul,

This very amazing, I just got back from Europe my self, I was in Greece. I had a lot of mail to go through, and I saw your envelope, I probably received it earlier, but I was away, so this is what happened!!

I have to say- I was very surprised when I saw a letter from Europe in my mailbox!!  I could not understand who it could be from??? The when I opened it and read it! I  That is truly amazing that you found my" message in a bottle" !! I was so surprised, and how organized you were, with the map, and a copy of my  actual note- WOW!! I told my friends, and they couldn't believe it as well, and then I called my daughter Lexy,(she was at her Dad's) and she was so happy, she "wants to go there and meet you"!! Her reaction was very cute.
                                                                 This is what happened, Lexy and I were taking a walk on the beach, in Long Island,  close to Jones Beach, it is in the South Shore .I live on the N. Shore .So we saw an old bottle and decided to write something in it and send it into the ocean .I can't believe the old bottle made it!! Then I found - I think it was make up- because I could not find a pen- that is why it is soo messy, and I wrote, then we threw it onto the water. I didn't really think anyone would ever get it, so I wrote very simple, but to the point.We actually wrote 2, because we were so excited, we love to do things like that- adventurous!! For some reason, it just intrigues me that someone could find a letter from us, years from now, or months, and look! It happened!!  Please say hello to your boys, and tell them- yes!! It is a genuine"message in a bottle"!! We hope to hear back from you- Paul- are you the actual one who found it?? Or did your boys find it?? All the best to you.

NATALIE

I reckon the distance involved was around 3500 miles.......... amazing!!
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the follow up. This is amazing, but now I'm curious as to when she put the bottle in the ocean.  It would be interesting to know if it tooks days, months or years.

Againg, thanks for the feed back.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)