Cuban Pork Loin

Started by huhwhatliar, April 23, 2008, 06:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huhwhatliar

Hab's I would like to get the recipe for the cuban barbecue.

Domenick
[/quote]

You sure can. It may take me a couple of days to get to it.
[/quote]

I'm in no big hurry.

Thanks
Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

huhwhatliar

Quote from: iceman on April 24, 2008, 02:13:42 PM
Quote from: huhwhatliar on April 24, 2008, 09:41:27 AM
[
Rum recipe  ::) ::) ::) I'll bet Ice has one of those  ;)

HEY!!! I resemble that remark  ;D
I'll trade ya a rum rub for your pork loin rub recipe. That looks mighty fine there huhwhatliar.

Would that resemblance be Ron Rico rum  ::)
I would like your rum rub recipe.

Thanks
Domenick

La Quinta

Hey Huh...did you invent that recipe? As I am from the great state of Florida...never saw the marmalade (in a conventional recipe)  but I'd be it would taste as good as it looks!! :)

Smoking Duck

That looks awesome, huhwhatliar.  May I ask what was the temp you smoked it at?

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on April 24, 2008, 05:20:35 PM
Hey Huh...did you invent that recipe? As I am from the great state of Florida...never saw the marmalade (in a conventional recipe)  but I'd be it would taste as good as it looks!! :)

No it was given to me a few weeks ago when I was in New Mexico ;D The gentleman who gave it to me was from Cuba. The smoker/roasting box he was using was a La Caja. The La Caja are fashioned after ones used in Cuba according the research I've done. I was impressed with it. His wife is going to send me some more recipes hopefully soon.

Domenick

La Quinta

Keep us informed? I love Cuban food!!!

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Smoking Duck on April 24, 2008, 05:30:03 PM
That looks awesome, huhwhatliar.  May I ask what was the temp you smoked it at?

Sorry I forgot to post that. My box varied between 200-210. The Digi Q II and Raptor arrived on Monday so I'll have better control on the temp.

Domenick

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on April 24, 2008, 05:38:43 PM
Keep us informed? I love Cuban food!!!

I am fast becoming a fan of Cuban and Puerto Rican food.

Domenick

La Quinta

Tell ya what...it is really good food...very down to earth but complicated flavors too...my husband and I have eaten in some of the best little cuban resturants in Miami and Tampa...not expensive...just really good food!

Consiglieri

Looks like a fine meal, HWL.  I think I'm going to give this recipe a try for mother's day.  Will be shopping for the baby elephant trunks at Costco.

How long did it take to reach an IT of 145?  About 5 hours?
Consiglieri

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Consiglieri on April 24, 2008, 05:56:34 PM

How long did it take to reach an IT of 145?  About 5 hours?

I really didn't pay attention to the time. I had friends and neighbors whining about when is it going to be done. So to keep them happy I had them snacking on other things. LaQ one of the things they were snacking on was Smoked Cheese  :o :o Homemade smoked Mozzarella is sooo good.

Domenick

La Quinta

Don't make me spank ya Huh...(Damn it...ya gotta hate hot weather...except if you're from Alaska!!!) :)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on April 24, 2008, 06:16:06 PM
Don't make me spank ya Huh...(Damn it...ya gotta hate hot weather...except if you're from Alaska!!!) :)

Beat me baby, beat me  ;D Actually I'm not from Alaska, but that is where I call home.

Domenick

tturaider

Thanks HUH im gona have to try that one out.  I didnt mean a rum rub I was wanting a rum liquor recipe...haha  :D :D
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

Consiglieri

Thanks, HWL.  Went back to find my notes from last mother's day when I did a different pork loin recipe (http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=5223.0).  Cooking time  with a 10# loin was about 6 hours at a bit higher cooking temp.

I'm really looking forward to giving this one a try. 
Consiglieri