• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Habs Bacon, the two day wait begins

Started by yul, May 05, 2008, 05:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yul

:) I started a piece of Habs Canadian bacon last week and it finally finished curing ( six days ) last night. Left it in the fridge over night and started the OBS as soon as I got home from work.  :o

I left the butcher string on to hold the shape but it still went a bit flat

Put it in the OBS with 2 hours of maple.

Half way through the smoke doing really well, this was the only time I opened the door.
The PID is working just great, set the temp to 200°F and let it do it's thing.

The final result after 2 hours of maple and another hour for the internal temp to reach 150°F

Now the two day wait. It smells so good it's going to be hard.
Brian. Montreal.

yul

;)  :D Apologies for the clean interior, I am working on that..

:D  :D
Brian. Montreal.

Smoking Duck

Quote from: yul on May 05, 2008, 05:40:19 PM
;)  :D Apologies for the clean interior, I am working on that..

:D  :D

No kidding, Brian  ;D  The last time I saw one that clean was in the catalog.  You got some serious work to do to get that all dirty (course, if you'd like me to finish up the dirty work, I'd be more than happy to).   :D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

yul

;D Ok   Ok  Ok    ;D  going to try ribs this week end, that should dirty it up  :D
Brian. Montreal.

Smoking Duck

You'll be dirty in no time......and throw an extra rack in there for me, will ya?

I likes it dirty  ;D  ;D  ;D  (Easy LQ  ;))

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Hey Brian... Ya did a fine job there!  8)

After a few ribs and a couple of butts that unit will be "well seasoned"  ;)

Go get'em!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E !!

The bacon looks good. The interior a little bright.. keep on smokin'.... ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Yul...season that sucker up man...bacon looks amazing...yummy...:)

tturaider

looks awesome yul. I might have to try that some day I just dont know if ive got the patience to waite for the curing and after the smoking.... :-\
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

Habanero Smoker

It does look good.

By your pictures it looks like Bradley has redesigned it's "V" tray. Unless it is an illusion due to camera angel, the slots look much wider then mine.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 06, 2008, 02:21:08 AM
It does look good.

By your pictures it looks like Bradley has redesigned it's "V" tray. Unless it is an illusion due to camera angel, the slots look much wider then mine.

They also appear taller at the slots.

Nice job Yul!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

It does appear that the "gaps" are larger than mine as well, my OBS is only about 7 months old.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Milehi

Trust me, that won't last very long. Better plan on doing 3 or 4 pieces next time.  ;D

westexasmoker

I have so got to try one of those (or several!!!)  And holy moly that thing is clean, mine was off the UPS truck and sesoned then a briskit the same night, but then again I did kill it the next weekend, so what do I know   ;D!  Habs I think my V-tray looks just like that one, units only a month old and I'm not familar with an older model, when the weather clears I'll pull the cover and take a look

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: westexasmoker on May 06, 2008, 09:09:59 AM
I have so got to try one of those (or several!!!)  And holy moly that thing is clean, mine was off the UPS truck and sesoned then a briskit the same night, but then again I did kill it the next weekend, so what do I know   ;D!  Habs I think my V-tray looks just like that one, units only a month old and I'm not familar with an older model, when the weather clears I'll pull the cover and take a look

C

There have been discussions that the slot on the previous models were not wide enough to let enough heat through the openings. Bradley would often recommend that a fix to this would be to pry open the slots wider. So this must be a design change.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)