Crown Royal Oak Barrel Bisq?

Started by tturaider, May 17, 2008, 10:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tturaider

I just ran across some crown royal oak barrel bisq.  They were on ebay and the person selling them said that they were old oak barrels that stored crown royal.  Has anyone else seen any of these or know where to get any?
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

MWS

They were a promotion in Canada only I think. When you bought a bottle of Crown Royal, a few free oak barrel bisquettes were included.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=5961.0
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

huhwhatliar

MWS is right, they were a promotion. I've talked to a few people who have tried them and they weren't very impressed.

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

tturaider

That sux I was hppping that they would be avaiable and would give you a good smoke

Wildcat

You may get good results with smoking with oak and spritzing with CR.  Just a thought.  ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

tturaider

Thats a good thought but it may be better if I just drink the crown royal instead.   ;D

FLBentRider

I also think the Crown Royal would have more flavor benefits in a glass than a spritz or dunking the Bisquettes.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Did somebody mention Crown......And a little mesquite!!   :o

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

tturaider

no matter what the drink is you always got to have the mesquite!!!!

West Coast Sausage Maker

Quote from: tturaider on May 17, 2008, 10:15:10 AM
I just ran across some crown royal oak barrel bisq.  They were on ebay and the person selling them said that they were old oak barrels that stored crown royal.  Has anyone else seen any of these or know where to get any?
They are here.  http://stores.ebay.ca/The-Bradley-Store

Has anyone tried them?
soylent green is people

begolf25

We aren't going to have the Crown royal bisquettes but I just got an email from our Bradley rep. about a new Jim Beam bisquette. They should be available at the end of Oct. I'll let everyone know once we get them in.

I am sure you can't wait Nepa...LOL

schneep

After Knob Creek and Makers, Beam is my drink of choice.  I guess I'll have to try this one!! ;) ::)
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

FLBentRider

I'll be looking for those myself!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

JGW

I would love to see a Jamesons promotion - just for S & G's.  Not sure how well Irish Whiskey barrel wood smoke would taste, but the whiskey sure is fine.

Hopefull Romantic

I have tried these when I was waiting for my Bradley to arrive but on the grill. I got them dirt cheap ($1.99 for A 48 box). They were not half bad although I noticed a bit of a bitter taste.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.