• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new member = new to smoking

Started by vtx1300r, May 18, 2008, 05:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtx1300r

Quote from: Smoking Duck on May 19, 2008, 08:23:20 PM
Actually, I believe it is Y'all there in Texas....if you were in Pittsburgh, it would be yins guys and if you were in NJ, I think it would just be Yo.

I think you should get to know another member on this board.....her screen name is La Quinta and she is originally a Jersey girl.  But, whatever you do, don't say anything about smoked cheese to her.  She now lives in a place that is hot enough to make the devil sigh.

jersey  ... what exit?

vtx1300r

Quote from: Gizmo on May 19, 2008, 09:43:02 PM
Well, we are loosing a Californian to South east Texas.  My son got a job in Houston and will be leaving in a few months. 

Houston ... Hot ... humid ... did I say HUMID

La Quinta

vtx...honestly don't know what exit...but I get the message...we had a home in Rumson and Spring Lake...best friends were in Belmar...don't know where you're from but I've been back many times and I love it!! :) Mom is from Newark...Dad from Philly...StepDad from Newark...

As far as TX...Mom was a stockbroker and lived in Rice (near Houston)...what a great town!! She's back in FL now but...we had fun in TX!!

westexasmoker

Gotta love Texas...Oh yea, thats where I live  ;D I agree with vtx Houston is, Hot, Humid, and way to many people, but at least your close to the gulf and I think they call them hills and trees outside of the city!  My sis lives in Baytown and loves it, funny she comes home and she complains about how hot and DRY it is....and flat!  The coolest thing about Texas is there's a little bit of everything (except salmon, ok and someother fish up here in west texas) but by golly the people are friendly and I guarentee you'll get a million ways to cook a brisket and there all pretty darn good!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

I agree westtx...Texans are cool and fun...humid or not...it's a fun state to eat and drink in no doubt...but I've only really been to the "big" cities...Houston...Dallas...and such...had fun tho...anyway...maybe you can teach the art of Mesquite...cause I don't get it...really strong  smoke to me??

Gizmo

I told my son I would visit during Goose and Turkey season but I think that is done more north than Houston.  Humm, I wonder if there are any gulf shrimping seasons there?

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Wildcat

I'm partial to the section North and West of San Antonio (hill country).  Not too dry, not too humid.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

vtx1300r

Quote from: La Quinta on May 20, 2008, 05:27:57 PM
vtx...honestly don't know what exit...but I get the message...we had a home in Rumson and Spring Lake...best friends were in Belmar...don't know where you're from but I've been back many times and I love it!! :) Mom is from Newark...Dad from Philly...StepDad from Newark...

As far as TX...Mom was a stockbroker and lived in Rice (near Houston)...what a great town!! She's back in FL now but...we had fun in TX!!

Exit 15W ... Newark area .. grewup in North Arlington, my wife grewup in Newark and Kearny.  I have relatives in Newark --- Wall st - iron bound section and some in south Jersy now (moved there froom up North jersey).

I miss the food .... shore ... but I did marry a Jersey Girl!

La Quinta

Still have many friends in Kearny...Belmar was their beach "cottage" back then...wouldn't it be odd if we knew the same people...? The odds are Arcs and Sparks like but...:)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: La Quinta on May 21, 2008, 06:25:19 PM
The odds are Arcs and Sparks like but...:)

Remember, you're only about 5 degrees of separation from the President. It is about 8 degrees for the balance of the Cosmos, which include O and the Sparkler.  It drops to 4 if you ride a motorcycle with lightning attractors on it.  :D

La Quinta

Dude...you are so totally weird...I love it...think only you and O know what the hell you're talking about...but it cracks me up none the less!! Oh wait...AP probably knows too!!

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: La Quinta on May 21, 2008, 07:06:48 PM
AP probably knows too!!

If you are a student of chirality, you will understand how O and AP are related. It explains the macro stability on the board between normal and weird. Put another way, there are left-handed drinkers and smokers, and right-handed drinkers and smokers.   8)

Smoking Duck

or as Kramer once put it to Jerry on Seinfeld: "Or am I so sane that it just blows you're mind?"  Giddy up

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

I am left handed Arcs...I suppose you can tell me what the cosmos hold for me now??? :) Oh yeah...born in early December too...:)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: La Quinta on May 21, 2008, 07:31:35 PM
I suppose you can tell me what the cosmos hold for me now???

Hardly. Especially since I am drinking, at a distance, from the Andromeda Galaxy.   :D