Striploin

Started by a-mah, June 27, 2008, 10:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a-mah

I just bought a 13.5lbs beef striploin, is it ok to smoke or should i just cut it into steaks and grill?

If i smoked it what wood should i use/how long/ what temp?

westexasmoker

I'm not familar with a striploin, but if its beef you can definitely smoke it, IMO!  ;D  I'd hit it with 2-3 hours of smoke (mesquite!) at 220 maybe 5 hours total, then pull it and finish on the grill or in the oven!  Like I said never seen a striploin (I think I need to find one now) somebody will be along with more advice then me! 

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

westexasmoker

Oh yeah...my bad....  Welcome to the forums a-mah!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

a-mah

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  I would cut into steaks,  cold smoke for 1 or 2 hours, wrap in plastic, fridge overnight, then finish on the grill the next day.  Or you could simply grill over stick wood and charcoal and get similiar results.  I like to do beef steaks with stick wood and charcoal my self.  If you cold smoke, be sure not to let the steaks get into danger zone.  When I do it with the BS, I put them into the smoker when they are barely thawed (or almost frozen) and take them out after they reach room temp.  I have completely cooked in the BS but they tend to get a little dry and tough.

If this cut of meat is similar to a loin roast, you could cold smoke to room temp, then put in oven like other roasts the next day, or crock pot, etc.

Keep us up to date.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Hi a-mah;
Welcome to the forum.

If you want to smoke it whole, you should be able to smoke it like I smoke Top Loin. Here a link (you don't like rosemary and/or thyme you can use the herbs you like, but do use the egg white).

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=446

Your left overs will make the best roast beef sandwiches you have ever tasted.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)