• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Big Briskit

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 09, 2008, 05:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

What kind of thermometer are you using in the meat?  It looks like the brisket is receiving an enema.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

QuoteI have another big briskit to do later tonite.

Nepas, How much brisket do you need? You feeding everyone at the big C?  ???
Can brisket be sliced and vac sealed? I vac seal pulled pork minus and sauce and it reheats great, but have not tried brisket. It sure looks tasty!  :)

westexasmoker

Pens thats affirmative on sliced and vac and re-heating, I think its better after it sits in the fridge for a day or two.....Speaking of brisket (Its the little things in life  ;) ) I now have 120 pounds in the fridge/freezer, sale ends tommorrow so I'm thinking a few more are on the agenda!!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on July 09, 2008, 12:05:24 PM
What kind of thermometer are you using in the meat?  It looks like the brisket is receiving an enema.

SD

SD

Thats a Polder probe digital thermometer.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on July 09, 2008, 12:46:40 PM
QuoteI have another big briskit to do later tonite.

Nepas, How much brisket do you need? You feeding everyone at the big C?  ???
Can brisket be sliced and vac sealed? I vac seal pulled pork minus and sauce and it reheats great, but have not tried brisket. It sure looks tasty!  :)

We are having a pool deck warming party on the 19th. Big BBQ and adult beverages  ;D

My contractor should be done soon. 450 sq ft of partyable  ;D deck.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Here is the big boy half way sliced. Wife wanted this one a little more well done, but it is very juicy.

Here is the briskit all vac sealed and ready for the freezer.

I have another briskit ready for a 3:30 am smoke

nepas

Consiglieri

Looks great, Neps.  I'm going to have a big appetite at dinner.  BTW, any TYpos are courtesy of Baby Robert, who likes to strike the keyboard while Silly Dad keeps typing. 
Consiglieri

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Consiglieri on July 09, 2008, 06:30:20 PM
Looks great, Neps.  I'm going to have a big appetite at dinner.  BTW, any TYpos are courtesy of Baby Robert, who likes to strike the keyboard while Silly Dad keeps typing. 

Keep on typing baby robert  ;D your doin good.

neps  :D

hillbillysmoker

Looks good old friend. You continue to be leader of the pack on so many ventures. Enjoy.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Party went very good. All the briskit and pulled pork went. Made some ritz cracker, kilbasa,  cheese covered pre eats in the bradley. 2 boxes gone  ;D  2 kegs and 200 assorted jello shots are history.

Wish ya"ll could have been here. Dont know if anyone took pics  ??? The everclear jello shots got me  :o

nepas

pensrock

Sounds like you had a great time and I'm positive the food was top notch! I'm sure someone took pictures..... they will probably end up on utube!  ;D
HEADLINES: NEPAS makes his everclear jello shot debut on utube!  ;D ;D

I looked at a couple briskets the other day and they were ALL fat. Looked terrible only had one small strip of meat running through the middle. I'll have to keep looking around, I know brisket has a fat cap and I'm sure there is some fat in the middle but this stuff was about 80% fat. Even for me thats way too much.