Started by westexasmoker, September 07, 2008, 11:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

After a night in the marinade and resting

All wrapped up and a bit of pepper, off to the smoker

Out of the smoke....its dinner time!

And yes I used mesquite!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

Hey WTS...I don't think I've ever seen boneless beef ribs? Are they a cut that is prevelent in your neck of the woods?

westexasmoker

Not sure LQ, we do have them here all the time along with short ribs and center cut back ribs.  The boneless are all meat with very little fat, almost like a cut down sirloin steak very tasty and tender....Ya need me to send ya some, with mesquite!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

QuoteHey WTS...I don't think I've ever seen boneless beef ribs? Are they a cut that is prevelent in your neck of the woods?

That makes two of us, I've never seen them before either.  ???
They do look very good and being lean the bacon is a great touch.  :)

KyNola

I'm with everyone else.  Never seem them before but man do they look good!!  Great idea with the bacon wrap.  Nice one WTS, even if you did use.......mesquite. ;)

KyNola

Wildcat

We have 'em here.  As WTS said, they are lean.  Never thought of wrapping with bacon.  May have to give that a try.  May even do it with mesquite since it is beef.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Looks like maybe a de-boned short rib? Yeah...ship em out WTS...I'll send you some hickory back. After all...this is a learning forum... ;D One needs to experience all different flavors...DOESN'T ONE?  :D

hillbillysmoker

Never seen them in my area either. They sure look gorgeous and I am sure the taste test is to die for. Thanks for sharing.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

WTS is it actually rib meat or is it something else? If so what cut do they use? I know country style pork ribs are made from the butt. if it is a different cut let me know I would like to give them a whirl.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 08, 2008, 01:41:30 PM
WTS is it actually rib meat or is it something else? If so what cut do they use? I know country style pork ribs are made from the butt. if it is a different cut let me know I would like to give them a whirl.

I have never seen them here either. They look interesting and I would like to know what cut they use as well. I did a search on the net and came up with this description....

Boneless Beef Country Style Ribs
Boneless beef country style ribs are made from an assortment of cuts. Some of the cuts used are chuck, cross rib, bottom round and flatiron. The flatiron makes outstanding country ribs. The other cuts leave something to be desired in my opinion.

I found this on this site... http://www.all-about-meat.com/beef-ribs.html
I can't vouch for the accuracy of it though.

Mike

PS
After some more looking around the net I have found the "flatiron" is actually part of the chuck.
Man... All these terms aren't used around here...  ::)

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS

wts those look real good.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Mr Walleye on September 08, 2008, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 08, 2008, 01:41:30 PM

I have never seen them here either. They look interesting and I would like to know what cut they use as well. I did a search on the net and came up with this description....

Boneless Beef Country Style Ribs
Boneless beef country style ribs are made from an assortment of cuts. Some of the cuts used are chuck, cross rib, bottom round and flatiron. The flatiron makes outstanding country ribs. The other cuts leave something to be desired in my opinion.

I found this on this site... http://www.all-about-meat.com/beef-ribs.html
I can't vouch for the accuracy of it though.

Mike

PS
After some more looking around the net I have found the "flatiron" is actually part of the chuck.
Man... All these terms aren't used around here...  ::)

Thanks for the effort there Mr. W. I must have had a blonde moment. I never thought of looking in up on the net. It was the Bacon that threw me off, just sorta made my mind go numb, and Drool start trickling out of the corner of my mouth.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 09, 2008, 07:12:01 AM
Thanks for the effort there Mr. W. I must have had a blonde moment. I never thought of looking in up on the net. It was the Bacon that threw me off, just sorta made my mind go numb, and Drool start trickling out of the corner of my mouth.

lmao.... I can totally relate regarding anything bacon!  ::)

Mike

La Quinta

See...I got a little scared about bacon wrapped around beef (and the "heaviness" of that)? Call me a kook...call me a nut?

Mr Walleye

Quote from: La Quinta on September 09, 2008, 06:36:00 PM
See...I got a little scared about bacon wrapped around beef (and the "heaviness" of that)? Call me a kook...call me a nut?

Ok....

Kook!  :D

Mike