Buffalo wings

Started by westexasmoker, September 21, 2008, 10:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

All spiced up

Deep fried and sauced

And out of the smoker

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Ya just had to post that didn't your WTS!  ::)

I'm all about the "wings"!  ;D

They look great!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

hillbillysmoker

Man those look awesome. Thanks for sharing.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

I could be wrong but I thought buffalo would have much larger wings.  ???

Seriously, they look great. I love wings!  :)

Tenpoint5

Just a curiosity question there WTS. Wouldn't you want to smoke them before you put them in the deep fryer? Just seems to me that the crisp outer skin would prevent the smoke flavor from soaking in.

Oh Thats right you use that Nasty mesquite stuff you don't want any good smoke flavor to get on your wings like Hickory!!!!!  :P :P;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

WTS...10.5 had a good question...why do you fry them first...any reason? They look delicious...let's just say (God help me...you used the wood of which we must not speak)!! ;D Wouldn't you want the flavor penetration of smoke into the meat? Then fry? Then dress with sauce? Just askin...

Habanero Smoker

There is a theory about surface to mass ratio that has been floated around on the forum in the past. Cuts like ribs, steaks, wings, chicken parts etc. have a greater surface to mass ration, and because of the larger surface you get a lot of smoke flavor that adheres to the surfaces; so in these cases smoke penetration is not as important.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 24, 2008, 03:03:03 AM
There is a theory about surface to mass ratio that has been floated around on the forum in the past. Cuts like ribs, steaks, wings, chicken parts etc. have a greater surface to mass ration, and because of the larger surface you get a lot of smoke flavor that adheres to the surfaces; so in these cases smoke penetration is not as important.

Yeah but Habs ain't them all RAW when they go into the smoker not precooked? What LQ and myself is pondering is wouldn't the wings take on more of a smoke flavor before deep frying than they would after frying? Or is WTS just smoking the sauce on the outside?

The stab about the mesy wood is well just part of the fun.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

great looking wings wts

i myself dont like wings but yours made the mrs hungry.

nepas

westexasmoker

With wings I've always done the deep fry first, and then into the smoker to set/glaze the sauce...nice and sticky!  Maybe next time, smoke first then deep fry then sauce then smoke again! Mesy wood....lol!  ;D

C

NePaSmoKer

Here are some wings i did for the mrs last night  ;D
Marinade is wing sauce with franks hot sauce added. Dryin some homegrown peppers too.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: westexasmoker on September 24, 2008, 06:51:54 AM
With wings I've always done the deep fry first, and then into the smoker to set/glaze the sauce...nice and sticky!  Maybe next time, smoke first then deep fry then sauce then smoke again! Mesy wood....lol!  ;D

C

OK question answered smoking the sauce to set and glaze with Mesy wood. Let us know how it works next time smoking before deep frying WTS. Prolly taste even better with Hickory though!!!

westexasmoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 24, 2008, 07:01:29 AM

Prolly taste even better with Hickory though!!!

Hickory.... ???   ???   ???  Whats that  ???   ;D

C