baby back ribs

Started by beefmann, November 07, 2008, 07:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlh178

looks very tasty beefmann, i'm going to give a go this weekend. be my 1st time ever w/dbs. have family coming in for deer camp on my property, sat is opening day for firearm here in michigan, can you tell me more about your ribs beef, how long do you let your rub sit before smoking? also temp and how long you cooked, smoked them for, thanks in advance for any help, terry

beefmann

Tlh, welcome to the forum,

as for my process  I start withg fresh garlic and peal and mince in a food processor and add olive oil till it looks like a slushie and set  it aside, then I  goto the ribs and prepare them by removing the inner  lining and trim off excess fat, and then cut in half.

once that is done apply a coat of olive / garlic mixture, rub it in..let  set  approx 30 mins, you  should see the color of the meat  change then add a covering of brown sugar. then add your  favorite rub to the meat ... leave on and put all in fridge over  night.

in the morning an hour befor you plan to cook pull out the ribs and turn on your Bradley to a box temp of 200 to 210.. during the hour place your  ribs on the racks and have them ready to go in the smoker... once the smoker has warmed up put the ribs in and start smoking with your favorite smoke plan for 2 hours of  smoke and you  can leave the ribs in the smoker untill done.

once an hour do a rotation from top to bottom and front to back with the ribs .. and  spritz with orange soda or apple  juice or even your  favorite beverage. Plan for your  ribs to take 7 to 9 hours. During the smoking  process the top vent is half open .. after it is 1/4  open..

Also i place in the bottom of the bradley a tray that is 1/2 filled with orange soda which addes flavor ( it can be any  beverage of your  choice ) a good way to check when the ribs are getting  close to being  done is when the meat is pulled away from the bone..you  can test on a few racks if you  can pull the bone out... there  done and pull out all the meat...

the rub i use for thoes ribs  is the following

tablespoons
anahiem chile powder           2
black pepper                        2
sigon cinnamon                    1
granulated sugar                 1
cumin                                   1
paprika                                 1
thyme                                   1
fennel                                   1
ground mustard                   2
kosher or sewa saalt           3

if you like it a bit spicer add a bit more black pepper or cayenne pepper other then that  enjoy

tlh178

awesome beefmann, thank you for the quick reply, i will post some pics sunday when i get them done. do you have a favorite bbq sauce you could recommend to put on these bad boys, and how long you should put the sauce on before they are done, regards, terry

beefmann

Terry,

your welcome and as for my favorite BBQ  sauce  happins to be  bullseye orginal depending on how much of the ribs you are gonna due is how much you  should buy .. i woud say a pint per full rack to rack and half to be safe.

and i would wait till the ribs are out till bbq sauce is applied and just spray  with orange soda every 45 to 60 mins when you rotate the ribs. still comes out quite nice

tlh178

kudo's to beefmann, the ribs turned out excellent. my wife informs me, that we must make these atleast once a month, thanks for your input, i did take a picture of the ribs, but can not figure out how to post them on here, guess i need some help with those, regards, terry

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

beefmann

tlth,

you and your wife are most welcome and if you can search on beefmann on this  site you  will see what  i have  done  so far, have  done a 13  to 15 lb  of  pork roast, 15 lb top surloin roast .. pork loins...country style ribs ETC and all  good take a  look at them and enjoy.

take a look at imagecave.com and set up an account once you  learn how to get around in image cave then your  set and can post pics here and congrats on the ribs...

if you  cant  find the posts i will do what i can to send you  pics