Jim Beam Smoker and Bisquettes now in stock...

Started by begolf25, November 14, 2008, 10:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Sausage Maker

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) PR on November 27, 2008, 08:04:14 PM

The Jim Beam bisquettes are made from Oak Barrels that did contain Jim Beam

The Crown Royal bisquettes are made from Oak Barrels that did contain Crown royal

Thanks for the enlightenment. :o
soylent green is people

La Quinta

My hubby would think that grass pucks taste good when he gets the JD out...so I'm with ya NePa!!!  ;D But...I am interested in...if there is really a flavor diff... :-\

Smokin Soon

I still have not tried these yet cause I'm not that used to oak on anything. Gotta do wings tomorrow, should I give these beam bisqys a go??? ::)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 06, 2008, 10:37:24 PM
I still have not tried these yet cause I'm not that used to oak on anything. Gotta do wings tomorrow, should I give these beam bisqys a go??? ::)

Oak pretty much goes with anything. I prefer to use in on beef.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Doctor Woody

Just ordered some Jim Beam pucks.  Does anyone have an opinion on them yet?

FLBentRider

So far, I'd say they smell better smoking than really impart any different flavor to the food. I have not done a side by side compare with regular oak bisquettes, and I just smoked some chicken leg quarters with them, so that will be the test. If you can't taste the difference on chicken, which takes smoke very readily, then you won't taste it elsewhere.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

I, too, noticed a difference in the smell when smoking.........maybe a little while eating but not enough that made me go......Ahhhhhhhhhh.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Doctor Woody

Interesting.  Well, as long as they don't taste BAD, they will be useful.  One can never have enough bisquettes on hand!

Habanero Smoker

I've used them on NY Strip steak, and chicken thighs, and I notices a great difference in smoke flavor. Try using minimal seasoning, such as just salt, and pepper (maybe a little garlic powder), then you can easily tell the difference between oak and JB.

The problem I have with the JB bisquettes is that only the bottom half of the bisquette will burn. At first I thought it was my burner, but other bisquettes burn completely. They seem to be a lot more compressed then the other bisquettes, so that my be the problem or at least part of the problem. On the other hand, both times I used JB, I was smoking while the ambient temperature was in the single digits, and a wind of 10 mph.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

FLBentRider

I noticed that too, I thought my bisquette burner was having a problem.
I guess you have to have them right side up to get the JB flavor  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Doctor Woody

I'll have to see if mine burn all the way up when I get em.

Yesterday I used my new BDS6, PID and Maverick for the first time.  Everything worked just as expected.  I was happy.

Prior to this I was using an OBS.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 20, 2009, 03:34:36 AM
I noticed that too, I thought my bisquette burner was having a problem.
I guess you have to have them right side up to get the JB flavor  ;D

That's funny.

The second time I used them, I wanted to use an empty bowl and flip them over and place it back on the burner. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.