• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Boneless Duck Breast ideas wanted

Started by KyNola, December 23, 2008, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Hey KY, how do you think I finally got the wife to marry me?  Just wear em down until they reach a point of weakness  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Always works.....learned it in basic training..break down the arse and the head will soon follow.  ;D

SD

KyNola

SD,
Did you just call me an arse? ;)  Breasts are soaking in a salt water solution to draw out excess blood and subdue the "gaminess".  Next step is in the brine for 24 hours and smoke tomorrow.  Yes, I'm going to take pics and try to post them.  I think that may be a bigger challenge than making the corned duck!

KyNola

Smoking Duck

Oh, heck, no KY.  It wasn't said in a bad way....I called my wife an arse  ;) ;D

I really appreciate pics; it's why I watch a lot of food network....if I see it, it's easier for me to understand verus reading it.  Plus, Giada and Rachel Ray are hottie-pittotties  ;D

KyNola

Let's not overlook Sandra Lee! :D  Duck breasts are in the brine!  Yes I took the obligatory "duck breasts on the cutting board with chef's knife" pic.  Tomorrow, shots of brined duck breasts, on the rack and the finished product.  As I have 6 of them brining, I'm going to experiment a little.  2 will be "naked", 2 will have Jan's Dry Rub and 2 will have a pastrami type dry rub on them before going in the smoker.  If I'm going to be the guinea pig for smoked duck breast fillets, I might as well go for it all.

What do you think SD?

KyNola

Smoking Duck

You had me at pic, KY  ;D

That sounds awesome....I really like Jans rub quite a bit (had an easy dinner last night of scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns; sprinkled the hash browns with Jans rub and they were awesome).  I actually received a request for anothe Ain't your momma's meatloaf from the kids, so making that and gonna sprinkle Jans rub on the top of the meatloaf.

I think you're well on your way, KY.

Well done!

SD

smokeitall

Hey KY give this recipe a try.

Cute duck breasts in about 1"x1"x1" cubes or close to it

Marinate overnight in the following mixture:
Soy Sauce
Terriyaki
Worchestshire
A dash of Sesame Oil

I do not have exact measurements on the above, just experiment.

When done marinating take out and place one slice of jalepeno on each piece of duck and then wrap each piece with bacon.

Then grill or smoke.  Not sure how long to smoke or grill since I haven't made this recipe yet.

I do have some duck my brother gave me and will give this a try real soon.

If you try it let me know how it turns out.

KyNola

Smokeitall, thanks very much for the recipe!  Sounds really good.

SD, my wife Jan thinks it so neat that people like the rub.  Thank you.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

You tell her it is now my "go-to" rub for anything and everything.  I'd give her a big kiss (on the cheek, of course  :-*) if ya'll lived closer.

SD

KyNola

Oh man, this just gets worse or better depending on how you look at it.  I mentioned that you were going to put the rub on the meatloaf and her response was "meatloaf? We can smoke meatloaf?"  Looks like the duck will be accompanied by Ain't your momma's meatloaf in the smoker tomorrow.  I'm going to make one change on the meatloaf.  Ice's sauce will be on the meatloaf.  If you're going to be a bear, you might as well be a grizzly!

KyNola

Smoking Duck

Does she know you can put it on ABT's, brisket, Canadian Bacon, Ham and turkey as well?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

FLBentRider

Not to mention fattys, chicken, sliders....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KyNola

Oh yeah, she knows but when folks that she has never met likes something she has made, it's a really big deal for her.(me too frankly)  Thanks again for encouraging her.

KyNola

Smoking Duck

I figured being married to you all these years, she could use a LOT of encouraging  ;) ;D