How long y'all been smokin?

Started by Doctor Woody, January 12, 2009, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

Started with a Lil' Chef in the mid 60's with my dad.  Then we build a bigger one, propane powered, to take to BC to smoke the salmon we caught.  Got a Bradley about two years ago or so.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

HCT

Been smoking just a couple of years. The Bradley makes it seem alot longer. Great investment.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

HCT

One thing I do have to add, with the help of all the 'seasoned' smokers, you get the feeling of being a long time smoker. The knowledge one gets from these peeps is invaluable. ;) Is that a word? Spell check. :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Doctor Woody

Quote from: Caneyscud on January 13, 2009, 05:28:31 AM
Doc,

BTW, that skillet looks delicious

Shakespeare

Thanks!  It was a toss up between bacon and a picture of a girl.  I figured the bacon would fit in better with this forum.   ;D

Doctor Woody

I have to say, I'm impressed with the years of experience I'm seeing.  I've been at it for 22 years.  But seeing some of you started in the 60s and 70s is quite remarkable.

Smoking Duck

The folks on the forum are pretty much like a Bradley.......we've got some that are still shiny, some with a decent amount of seasoning, some fully seasoned and then others, like me, a bit flakey  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Doctor Woody

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 13, 2009, 09:16:15 AM
The folks on the forum are pretty much like a Bradley.......we've got some that are still shiny, some with a decent amount of seasoning, some fully seasoned and then others, like me, a bit flakey  ;D

Hahaha

Speaking of shiny, yesterday I got my PID and Maverick.  I should receive my new, shiny BDS6 by the end of this week.  I can't wait to season it so it isn't so shiny on the inside.  Been wanting to try that Canadian Bacon recipe everyone is raving about.

pensrock

QuoteThanks!  It was a toss up between bacon and a picture of a girl.  I figured the bacon would fit in better with this forum.   

Doc,

We love women also!  ;D

Doctor Woody

Quote from: pensrock on January 13, 2009, 02:18:13 PM

Doc,

We love women also!  ;D

I hear ya.  I am just afraid to get booted outa here.   :o

pensrock

Don't blame ya. This is a family site.  :)

Smoking Duck

I'd worry more about the boot from LQ, Deb, Mrs. Seemore, Caribou or Cowgirl than I ever would from the moderators  ;)  And that's the truth!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Doctor Woody

Maybe I should post a pic of myself wearing "bacon speed-o's" and see if I get myself into trouble.

The men are thinking...  No f way.   ;D

cowgirl

LOL....A bacon speedo.....too funny! ;D

cowgirl

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 13, 2009, 02:39:01 PM
I'd worry more about the boot from LQ, Deb, Mrs. Seemore, Caribou or Cowgirl than I ever would from the moderators  ;)  And that's the truth!

Marc, I'm pretty harmless.  ;D

cowgirl

Quote from: pensrock on January 13, 2009, 02:18:13 PM
QuoteThanks!  It was a toss up between bacon and a picture of a girl.  I figured the bacon would fit in better with this forum.   

Doc,

We love women also!  ;D

I'm glad to hear that pensrock.  ;D