• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Salmon Rollups

Started by Doctor Woody, February 03, 2009, 01:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor Woody

Just another way to use your smoked salmon.

Crumble the salmon into a bowl.  To taste, add black pepper, minced green onion, capers and a little Mayo and extra virgin olive oil.

Spread a very thin layer of cream cheese on Lavish Bread.

Spread out a 1/2" thick layer of the salmon mixture.

Add a thin layer of fresh spinach on top of the salmon.

Roll up and stick with toothpicks, about every 2 inches.  Slice carefully between the toothpicks and serve.

pensrock

Doctor Woody

Quote from: pensrock on February 03, 2009, 01:38:07 PM
Those look really good!  :)

Thanks.  Hard to go wrong with smoked salmon!

Kummok

Mmmm  Mmmm  Waaay too easy....gonna do that one! ThanX Doc!

Doctor Woody

Quote from: Kummok on February 03, 2009, 04:01:08 PM
Mmmm  Mmmm  Waaay too easy....gonna do that one! ThanX Doc!

Unfortunately, farmed salmon was used in this recipe.  I know you won't make the same mistake.   ;D

stillsmoking

Doc, looks great!  Thanks for a nice idea, we like smoked salmon, raw spinach and roll ups.  This has to be good, the pictures say it all.  All kinds of directions to go from here, thinking wild salmon and olives or salsa as additions!

Doctor Woody

Quote from: stillsmoking on February 03, 2009, 05:18:02 PM
Doc, looks great!  Thanks for a nice idea, we like smoked salmon, raw spinach and roll ups.  This has to be good, the pictures say it all.  All kinds of directions to go from here, thinking wild salmon and olives or salsa as additions!

You got it.  Plenty of variations can be done.  If your salmon is kind of salty, like mine, vinegar based additives go very nicely.  Tomatoes, capers, olives...

dracothehound

Draco loves to smoke

Doctor Woody

Kummok

[quote author=Doctor Woody link=topic=9216.msg97565#msg97565 date=1233706311
Unfortunately, farmed salmon was used in this recipe.  I know you won't make the same mistake.   ;D
[/quote]

P'tuuw! Thought something looked fishy about the photo...a little greenish tinge, methinks?!?!?!   ;)

Doctor Woody

Quote from: Kummok on February 04, 2009, 09:48:20 AM
[quote author=Doctor Woody link=topic=9216.msg97565#msg97565 date=1233706311

P'tuuw! Thought something looked fishy about the photo...a little greenish tinge, methinks?!?!?!   ;)
[/quote]

That's right.  No Omega 3 in THAT fish.   :o

seemore

sodak

Another recipe to try after I've drop the down riggers here in a couple of weeks.  Salmon + Smoke = Great Food & Dips.  And now roll-ups.