Bradley's New Cold Smoking Adaptor

Started by hollyandtheivybhx, February 16, 2009, 12:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

It's February Pens...could be soup time in August...even with the offset!!!  ::)

pensrock

I can believe that, your summer ambient temps are enough to melt the cheese. :P

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 22, 2009, 02:21:37 PM
Tiny Tim;
Do you have any left? If so I'll place my order with you tomorrow.

Yes I do.  Would be happy to hook you up.

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 21, 2009, 02:46:23 PM
Are the hoses made so that they can be changed easily?

Yes.  Fairly substantial radiator hose type screw clamp.

manxman

Quotefinding a hose with the specific diameter needed,

A quick search on the internet found suitable replacement hosing.  :)

I think you will be impressed Habs, good design and build quality seems fine. (other than the hosing!  ::) :-[ )

Also the digital smoker adaptor and propane smoker adaptor increases it's functionality.

The biggest benefits as I see it other than not having to cut holes in cardboard boxes (!) is accessability to the water bowl and also that if I was smoking on a windy day cardboard boxes seem to get blown and move a bit, I always had a slight concern that the cardboard would get blown against the heater element and ignite so I tended to weight them down with a house brick or block of wood. No need to worry about that now.  :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 23, 2009, 06:30:17 AM
Tiny Tim;

Great I'll send you an email with the necessary information.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 23, 2009, 02:23:24 PM
Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 23, 2009, 06:30:17 AM
Tiny Tim;

Great I'll send you an email with the necessary information.

Sounds good.  Was just getting back online to send you a PM when I saw your post.

Getting ready to leave to get Dad from the hospital, so you probably won't hear from me again until tomorrow (we'll finish this by e-mail rather than clutter the board with other possible questions).

pensrock

I know I asked this somewhere on the forum but cannot find it. So here I go again.

Can someone explain what the 'propane smoker adaptor' that comes with the cold box looks like and how it works? I may want to make one to use with my propane smoker and home made cold box.
Thanks,
pens

Habanero Smoker

It's kind of hard to explain, I'll take a picture of mine and post it.

I'll try to explain it. Basically its a 8.5 x 8.5 inch plate, that looks like the side of the generator that the heating pad protrudes from. It has the to key hole hangers, and there is a 7 7/8" x 3" section cut out 1.5" from the bottom and 3/4" from the side. It also has 4 pilot holes. You should be able to make a template or measure from your propane smoker where to drill those four holes. The holes are for the four screws that connect the top shield and lower connection bar on the propane smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Habanero Smoker

Pens;

Here is a photo of the plate.

Click to enlarge.

PS

I would send you mine, but I plan to use mine when I steam sausage in the cabinet, the plate is almost ideal to cover the hole in the side of the cabinet. Also I will be using it on the cold box when I use a hot plate to apply smoke from wood chips or pellets. That is if I can find a hot plate small enough to fit in the box.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

pensrock

Thanks Hab. I'll have to get the propane unit out and get a better look at it. It should not be too hard to measure and make one.
Thanks again for the pic and info.
pens

La Quinta

Thanks...I wondered what the hell that thing was for!!!! (I'm serious)  :)

Smokin Soon

Pens, If you need an adaptor I will send you mine. I do not think I would ever need it.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on March 09, 2009, 07:19:59 PM
Thanks...I wondered what the hell that thing was for!!!! (I'm serious)  :)

LQ;

I had to put my glasses on and read the owner's manual a couple of times to figure out what it was. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

manxman

Quoteread the owner's manual a couple of times to figure out what it was

Me too, confused me for a short while........... but then again I am easily confused!!  ::) :-[
Manxman