Bradley's New Cold Smoking Adaptor

Started by hollyandtheivybhx, February 16, 2009, 12:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollyandtheivybhx

Just in the process of ordering this accessory for my Bradley here in the UK hads anybody on the forum any comments about them ????

Regards

Lin

KyNola

Lin,
I have one of the units and must say I was very pleased with the product.  It appears to be very well built.  It is almost instantly ready for use as soon as you open the box.  Hang the smoke generator on the cold smoke unit, attach the "hose" to the cold smoke unit and the tower of the Bradley and you're ready to go.  If you have the digital model, it comes with a "plug" to plug into the smoke generator to make it think it is still hooked directly to the tower via the thin connector line.

Really simple to use.

KyNola

Kummok

For whatever reason, (too busy fishing, I reckon! ;) ) this is the first time I've heard of this adaptor. A quick check of the Bradley website reveals nada. Appreciate any help on finding out where to get one of these? ???

Mr Walleye

Yard and Pool & Tiny Tim have them Kummok!

Here ya go...

http://www.yardandpool.com/Bradley-Smoker-Cold-Smoke-Adapter-p6106.html

Also here are some photos that Brian from Bradley posted when they first came out.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=8160.msg89706#msg89706

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Kummok,
Tiny mentioned he had 3 in stock when I talked to him the other night. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

Still have that many.....if I count the one on layaway for a customer.

hollyandtheivybhx

WELL !!!! Cold Smoking Adaptor arrived today that a job for Paul to get if all fixed up and ready for action. The smoker will be at full production next week to keep up demand for the 80% Smoked Garlic abd Aubergine Chutney and the Fresh Smoked Garlic Bulbs we sell on the Farmers Markets we attend  :)

Back to the Jam & Chutney POT !!!!!

Lin

manxman

QuoteCold Smoking Adaptor arrived today that a job for Paul to get if all fixed up and ready for action.

I think the cold smoke adaptor is great, the only small word of caution I would advise is when they say "gently" pull the aluminium hose to expand it they mean gently!! I needed an S shape out of mine to fit my smoker shed and whilst I thought I was being gently I was not gentle enough and the hosing fell apart! Perhaps my idea of gentle (I am 6ft 6 ins tall and 19 stone!  ::)) is not their idea of gentle!!

No biggy, I am sure I will manage to get another more substantial length of hosing from a builders merchant.

Two other points:

The cardboard box it comes in would make a great cold smoking box!!

If anyone is short of or loses the digital smoker adaptor plug in let me know, I don't need mine and am happy to pass it on if required.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on February 21, 2009, 07:21:06 AM
Two other points:

........The cardboard box it comes in would make a great cold smoking box!!......

Now that is what I call a bargain. Two cold smoke units for the price of one. :)

Are the hoses made so that they can be changed easily?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

I have one....and hell if I can use it here...the thing works...I'm thrilled with it....our highs are in the mid 70's right now and I put one bag of ice in the tower...cool it down nice and I am a cheese head girl.... SWEET...I am awaiting the hot temps to really test it out....but...as far as assembly...it was a piece of cake...no directions necessary...

Gonna order one for Mom as well... :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: La Quinta on February 21, 2009, 09:58:44 PM
I have one....and hell if I can use it here...the thing works...I'm thrilled with it....our highs are in the mid 70's right now and I put one bag of ice in the tower...cool it down nice and I am a cheese head girl.... SWEET...I am awaiting the hot temps to really test it out....but...as far as assembly...it was a piece of cake...no directions necessary...

Gonna order one for Mom as well... :D

Glad to see you finally got your smoked cheese fix there LQ.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manxman

QuoteAre the hoses made so that they can be changed easily?

Certainly easy enough to get the old one off!! They seen to be glued or sticky taped in place with a metal retaining band providing a firm seal / grip, however loosening the screw that holds the band in place means the hose pulls off easily.

Biggest problem I am having is finding a hose with the specific diameter needed, doesn't appear to be an off the shelf size?  :(
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Manxman;

Thanks for the information. I guess I will order one, I left my cardboard box in the rain today.

Tiny Tim;
Do you have any left? If so I'll place my order with you tomorrow.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the unit Habs!!  :)

pensrock

LQ, I happy to hear you can now make smoked cheese, instead of soup.  :)