• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sorry to bum out the forum....

Started by Tiny Tim, March 30, 2009, 07:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

But that was over quick.  Dad passed away last night at about 2:30 AM.  I know some of you (maybe all, I don't know) heard that on Tuesday he told me he was proud of me.  Well, when I went to visit on Wednesday, he was messing with the cord for the call button/TV remote thing and saying numbers.  Pretty soon he had me helping, and when we were done, I asked him what we were doing.  He said "measuring for the hole for my grave".  What a nice start to a visit.  The rest of that evening he seemed kinda normal.  Thursday I visited and he didn't wake up for me, but I could tell he could understand what I was saying.  Friday night I was really tired and didn't make it in, but called the nurses several times and there was no change.  Saturday afternoon I went in for a while and sat with him, the same with Sunday.

I gotta hand it to the nurses, I never really saw him in any pain during this ordeal.

Thank you to all of you for being here for me when I really need you...newbies and old friends alike.  You all have a special place in my heart.  Don't know how much I'll be posting for a while, but I most likely will continue reading daily.

Habanero Smoker

I like to express my condolences. Even when it is expected, the loss of a loved one is never easy.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BareBones

I am very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

sodak

So sorry to hear the news.  So very sorry.

canadiansmoker

I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

aces-n-eights

I'm sorry to hear you lost your Dad, Tim.  I can't imagine your sorrow and hope that your memories of him will be good ones.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

KyNola

Tim,
I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my father a few years ago so I can understand your pain completely.  Remember this, one of the last things your Dad said to you was how proud he was of you.  You will carry that with you forever.

All the best my friend.  If can I be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

KyNola

sherlock

Tim

Condolences my friend, may God be with you and yours.

Sherlock

begolf25

I am very sorry for your loss Tim. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

westexasmoker

I'm so very sorry Tim, thoughts and prayers are with ya!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Tim,
They say that time heals all pain and I believe that.  Remember all of the good times and your Dad will be with you forever.  I know it works for me.  May God bless you in your time of sorrow.

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

HCT

Tim,
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere thoughts are with you.
Mike

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

beefmann

Tim,

I am sorry for your loss and know the loss of a loved one is hard to deal with.. take some time to be there for your family and support them .. take  some support as  well.. take all the time you and your family need..

Dale

Up In Smoke

tim,
i am sorry for your loss, may god be with you and your family.
you will be in my prayers.
                                             jerry
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Bradley (Head Office)

Tim

I am very sorry for your loss.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Brian