Beer Sausage

Started by Piker, March 30, 2009, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piker

Started a new batch using a premix which is my favorite one. Its a 50/50 mix of venison and ground pork with added garlic. [/img]

Piker

another picture cannot figure out how to post more than one at a time but am working on it.

josbocc

Piker,

Care to share your recipe?  I've got a few hunting buddies that like sausage, and love beer even more.  I've got a bit of venison left in the freezer and have been trying to think of a way to put it to good use.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

NePaSmoKer

Piker

Your missing something  ;D  ;D  ;D

ME

nepas

seemore

Tenpoint5

Looks really Good Piker.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Piker

Its a premix purchased from Halfords up here in Canada but a little secret I use is when I add the fluid when I am mixing I use very cold beer. I do not know if it will taste the same as the premix does not list the ingredients. I tried to get them to give me the recipe but no go. I mean in every batch I use beer as added fluid.

West Coast Sausage Maker

Very nice work. Are those collagen cassing?
soylent green is people

Smokin Soon

I have also adapted some sausage recipes that call for a cup of cold water to be added to a 5 pound mix to beer. I do not care for dark beer, but a cup of Guinness or some wheat beer that my friends like makes a happy addition to any sausage or fatty mix. I let my mix mingle the spices overnight and the next morning stuff or smoke or roll a fatty. It's way too much fun to play with different mixes, All Good!

smokeitall

Habanero Smoker

Nice looking sausage.

To post more then one picture, it is best to have both sites open at the same time so you can easily switch back and forth. Also, when uploading you may want to choose "Reduce to [the 640 x 480 (Large)] option.

The easiest way is to check all the photos you want to post in the message.

After checking the photos scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Generate HTML and IMG codes".

When the next page loads, click inside the box labeled "IMG images for message boards" or if you want thumb nails click on "IMG clickable thumbnail for message board - recommended". That will automatically copy the codes so that you can paste them. You should note that they will be posted in the order that the pictures occur in your album.

Switch back to the forum, right click on your message and click on "paste". All the photos you have selected will be pasted. Each image code will end with [/url]; that is where you can separate each photo to add your text.

-- or --

Have both sites open at the same time

Select one photo as you did with your first post, and paste it in the message.

Leave your message open and switch back to photobucket; and select your second photo to paste.

Switch back to Bradley forum again and paste your second photo.

Continue this procedure until you pasted all your photos in the message, now hit post; and your photos will be in the same message.

I hope this helps.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 31, 2009, 02:09:47 AM

Have both sites open at the same time

Select one photo as you did with your first post, and paste it in the message.

Leave your message open and switch back to photobucket; and select your second photo to paste.

Switch back to Bradley forum again and paste your second photo.

Continue this procedure until you pasted all your photos in the message, now hit post; and your photos will be in the same message.

I hope this helps.

I would add to click on preview first to make sure all the pictures are different. Every once in a while My computer wants to post the same picture several times . You just have to watch the numbers of the pictures to make sure they are different.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Piker

Thanks all for the responces> Yes they are collagen casings. I find them very easy to work with. They are a little tough but I can link with them and I cant remember bursting one for a long time. Storage is easy no soaking before use. I have been looking for some clear plastic casings like they use on franks. Does anybody know where I can get some? thks Piker

West Coast Sausage Maker

Quote from: Piker on March 31, 2009, 06:58:20 AM
Thanks all for the responces> Yes they are collagen casings. I find them very easy to work with. They are a little tough but I can link with them and I cant remember bursting one for a long time. Storage is easy no soaking before use. I have been looking for some clear plastic casings like they use on franks. Does anybody know where I can get some? thks Piker

What a coincidence, I sell them.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280329136681

www.westcoastsausage.com
soylent green is people

Habanero Smoker

Will the type of casings you sell allow for smoke penetration?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)