What is your favorite type of commercial rub?

Started by matwell, March 31, 2009, 08:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgeback05

In a pinch I use stuff I mix together or Bad Byrons rub.

But my favorite rub for pork is the Texasbbqrub Original, cut 50-50 with brown sugar. Because it has some mild spiceness to it, that's a bit too much for the kids. So cutting it makes it just right for our family.

For briskets, steaks and chicken I use the Brisket Blend rub by Texasbbqrub. I don't have to cut it and everybody eats it up.

peace
STRENGTH AND HONOR

NePaSmoKer

I have a couple big jugs of The Salt Lick briskit rub, pretty good stuff like BBBR.

nepas

matwell

I have definitely thought about trying out that texasbbq rub. I have read several postings on various bbq forums and everyone seems to like it. has anyone tried there method of worcestershire sauce instead of mustard and applying rub?

Smokin Soon

I have a lot of fun mixing differant commercial rubs together just for grins. I did a couple of racks of ribs using a mix of BBR, Texas Rub original and Texas Rub for briskets. Very nice flavor! I never bothered to read what the differance is in the brisket rub. If it tastes great, Who Cares! ;D

Gizmo

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 15, 2009, 06:45:17 PM
I have a lot of fun mixing differant commercial rubs together just for grins. I did a couple of racks of ribs using a mix of BBR, Texas Rub original and Texas Rub for briskets. Very nice flavor! I never bothered to read what the differance is in the brisket rub. If it tastes great, Who Cares! ;D

Sounds a bit like me with the rubs I make.  When the batch gets low and I have a few different ones around, I just toss them together and make a new one.   :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

teet

Baam is very good this is known as "emeril's essence" This is really good little spicy tho.