Ryteks Snack Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, April 04, 2009, 09:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

They look good Lumpy. I just cant get enough of em. And way cheaper and better for you than store bought sticks. I didn't hang mine this time, I stuffed them to the length of the racks and just racked em. Working on a project that will let me hand them further from the heating elemant and do like 25lbs at a time.

nepas

Roadking

Hey Lumpy, Is that an oven brick in the bottom of your smoker?

lumpy

Its a brick that I had left over when I installed new bricks in my wood stove.

Lumpy

Roadking

Oven brick in the smoker is a good idea. It'll hold some of the heat if you have to open the door for some reason.

smokeitall

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 06, 2009, 10:33:46 AM
They look good Lumpy. I just cant get enough of em. And way cheaper and better for you than store bought sticks. I didn't hang mine this time, I stuffed them to the length of the racks and just racked em. Working on a project that will let me hand them further from the heating elemant and do like 25lbs at a time.

nepas

Hey Nepas what kind of mod are you doing to smoke 25lbs at one time?  I made my on tray with dowels that puts them farther away from the heating element and the most I can hang at one time is just over 10lbs.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: smokeitall on April 13, 2009, 12:26:25 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 06, 2009, 10:33:46 AM

nepas

Hey Nepas what kind of mod are you doing to smoke 25lbs at one time?  I made my on tray with dowels that puts them farther away from the heating element and the most I can hang at one time is just over 10lbs.

I'm building a  3' x 3' x 6' smoker. Going to fit my BPS smoke generator to the side and a 75lb lpg tank.
On the lines of this but out of oak.

nepas

Roadking

Now that bad boy is really preseasoned.

NePaSmoKer

yeah i emailed the guy and asked if he got any bad taste or fumes from the plywood. he said he seasoned it 3 times b4 he put meat in it. Been using the smoker for 5 years with no problems.

nepas

smokeitall

Sorry thought you were trying to stuff 25lbs into the Bradley. ;D

I am also working on Big Brother Bradley.  Mine is about that same size, going to be 220V, and currently looking for another generator and high temp fan/blower.

Ahhhh the toys......I am leaving in 5 minutes to go pick up my Big Easy.

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 15, 2009, 11:31:08 AM
yeah i emailed the guy and asked if he got any bad taste or fumes from the plywood. he said he seasoned it 3 times b4 he put meat in it. Been using the smoker for 5 years with no problems.

nepas
Now that you mention the bad taste I'm looking closer. That's not even plywood it's that construction particle ply. I think they use formaldehyde in the assembly of it. He won't have to worry about rotting away he'll be preseved.

Roadking

Hey Nepas, Do you know what's bad about hosting pics on sites like Photobucket?

I'm LMAO here............. Between you and me ... You look real sweet in that orange hat. Got to say you do have a big pair.  Just having some fun with you. Don't split a stitch.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on April 15, 2009, 01:22:59 PM

I'm LMAO here............. Between you and me ... You look real sweet in that orange hat. Got to say you do have a big pair.  Just having some fun with you. Don't split a stitch.

:D  :D  :D

I was in the moment  :D

nepas

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 15, 2009, 06:35:46 PM

:D  :D  :D

I was in the moment  :D

nepas
I've been there myself.......a few times  :D  :D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on April 15, 2009, 01:22:59 PM

With this lap band surgery we just had hopefully those will be gone  :D  :D with some excersise.

nepas

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 16, 2009, 01:38:30 PM

With this lap band surgery we just had hopefully those will be gone  :D  :D with some excersise.

nepas
Excersise is rough to do. I know I should be doing it but I'm always tied up with something else. A friend of mine had the lap band and it really did wonders for her. The weight came off of her to fast and she was around 65 and had to get some cosmetic surgery done on the upper arms and tummy. Your alot younger and probably won't need that done. You'll do good with it. Good move.....