ABTs and eggs...

Started by nickld, April 04, 2009, 02:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickld

I haven't posted any pics lately.  I had a hankering for some ABTs so I whipped up a half dozen just for me. I used some chopped up pastrami I made last week to mix with some Jan's Rub and cream cheese.  Took a couple of hard boiled eggs and wrapped them in some breakfast sausage and Jan's Rub. Wrapped everything in bacon....

Into the OBS for about an hour and half of apple smoke at 240... Then to finish in The Big Easy...

Finished product didn't last very long, even if it was just for me!

Must have been pretty good because I'm getting ready to make more! This time I'm going to wrap some Syracuse Salt Potatoes with sausage/rub and include them also...

~Nick

westexasmoker

I have got to try me some of those eggs!  Nice...Nice!!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Great lookin' plate Nick!  8)

The only thing missing is me!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

The food does looks good.

What size cooling racks are those. I'm getting ready to purchase some steaming racks that you use in stock pots. The 10.5 inch rack that I have is little small, it really about 9.5 inches, so I was going to purchase larger ones. I learned that the 10.5 inch measurement is not the diameter of the rack, but the total space it take up when the legs are extended. They do work well when you use two skewers to hold the rack in place.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nickld

Habs those are nine inch racks. I bought them for about $1.50 each at a sale at Ace Hardware. I hang them in the Big Easy basket with "S" hooks.

~Nick

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the information. I may go with the cooling racks instead of the steaming racks.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokin Soon

Nick, hope you posted that one over on the Big Easy forum. That's a winner!

seemore

Nick they look delicious!!!!

smokeitall

Those look great.  I just made my first batch today and yep I'm hooked.

nickld

Went for another round today. This time I did some Syracuse Salt Potatoes in the same manner as the eggs. Like before I used breakfast sausage with some of Jan's Rub. I also added some shredded cheddar and jack cheese and a bit of bottled BBQ sauce to the mix.

For the ABTs I used cream cheese, pastrami, shredded cheddar and jack cheese, some Jan's Rub, and BBQ sauce for the stuffing.

One heck of a breakfast (for 6:00pm) . I think my doctor just had a coronary though!!!   ;D

Mr Walleye

Ohhhhh Nick!

That's a fine lookin' spread!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Now those just made me hungry!!! I guess its time for me to make some more ABT's and Eggs
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Adopt me!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

seemore

they do look good  :P
seemore

CB

Happy Grilling!