• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Boys Weekend

Started by lumpy, April 06, 2009, 07:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Okay so i've been talking about this for weeks now and it finally happend.
Here are some pics.......a whole bunch turned out blurry...must have been the hops and barley portion of the night ;)

ABT's, bacon wrapped, tequila marinated shrimp, bacon wrapped vodka marinated scallops

Brisket with my own BBQ sauce (the best I've ever made)

Ribs

Smoked beans........mmmmmm!

Pulled  Pork in Buns with coleslaw and BBQ sauce

All of the goodies on the table

Desert!

I won't be smoking for a while, I have tons of leftovers in the freezer, but.......... ;)I've said that before!

I wasn't sure if the boys would like the eggs. I went through 24 eggs for 8 guys ;D. Glad they did not stay the night ;)

Lumpy

Mr Walleye

Congrats Lumpy!  8)

Wow !  :o That's a spectacular spread you put on there!

The only thing missing is.... me!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Amen Brother!!!! That is one impressive spread for "The Boys". I myself didn't see one blurry picture at all. Must have been the drool factor overriding the blurry.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

The blurry pics were of the abt's when they were finished. Camera in one hand, abt in my mouth and beer in the other hand.......just too damm busy ;D

thanks guys!
Lumpy

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on April 06, 2009, 07:24:15 AM

ABT's, bacon wrapped, tequila marinated shrimp, bacon wrapped vodka marinated scallops
Lumpy

Lumpy
Please tell Us More about the Shrimp and Scallops and the marinade prcoess this sounds Good.

Also do you NOT use your water bowl? Looks like the pucks just fall onto the foil lining and turn to ash.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

I was in a hurry to take a picture of the ABT's while the smoker was nice and hot and the reason the water bowl was not in the smoker yet.........my hands were full. Right after I put in the ABT's came the bowl of very hot water.
The ashes on the bottom pan came from the left over from my last smoke that I did not use Bubba's and had ashes left on the slider.

As far the shrimp, I marinated them for 24 hours in a vacuumed packed container with what I call my margarita mix (tequila and lime mix). I used the same process with the scallops (bay scallops) except I used Absolute vodka.

Both were extremely tasty and in both you could taste the hootch ;D. If I were to change anything, the next time I would not use vodka. It gave the scallops a little bit of a bite to them. Next time i might use a vodka with fruit taste to it.

Lumpy

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS Lumpy

Looks great  ;D

nepas

lumpy

Thanks Guys!

Without you I would have not been able to even think about doing this.

Lumpy

Carter

Great Pics.  Food looks outstanding.

carter

Tenpoint5

Quote from: lumpy on April 06, 2009, 07:59:04 AM
I was in a hurry to take a picture of the ABT's while the smoker was nice and hot and the reason the water bowl was not in the smoker yet.........my hands were full. Right after I put in the ABT's came the bowl of very hot water.
The ashes on the bottom pan came from the left over from my last smoke that I did not use Bubba's and had ashes left on the slider.

As far the shrimp, I marinated them for 24 hours in a vacuumed packed container with what I call my margarita mix (tequila and lime mix). I used the same process with the scallops (bay scallops) except I used Absolute vodka.

Both were extremely tasty and in both you could taste the hootch ;D. If I were to change anything, the next time I would not use vodka. It gave the scallops a little bit of a bite to them. Next time i might use a vodka with fruit taste to it.

Lumpy

Thanks Lumpy for the info on the shrimpa and scallops. I wasn't trying to bust your chops on the water bowl just curious.

lumpy

I never noticed the missing bowl in the picture until you pointed it out.
Good thing though...there might be some FNG's out there that think some of us smoke without the water bowl :D

Lumpy

pensrock

I have to repeat the comments made before. WOW, what a spread, looks great!
Great job.

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people

Habanero Smoker

I have to agree. That is a nice looking spread.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)