IRON CHEF BRADLEY II Ingredient and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, June 23, 2009, 04:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

The Smokeouts are over and I have been requested to DRAW Again from the list. Which my 5yr old has done and the items have been revealed to the person who will be sponsoring Iron Chef Bradley II. Miss Deb. When I get confirmation from her on the ingredients. I will post them here. As before you will have 2 weeks to prepare and then turn in your pictures. The turn-in will be July 13th - July 15th. So everyone will have 2 weekends excluding the July 4th weekend. Voting will be July 16th through Sunday the 19th.

For those that are new to Iron Chef Bradley. Here are the basic rules of how it is done. (The first ICB was won by a newbie)

I post said ingredients and yall have two weeks to come up with a dish. It must be primarily cooked outside on grills, smokers, car engines, etc.... There is usually a two week period for creativity and fitting in everyone's schedule. Once the two week period is over a thread opens up for entries and you have to post pics of the process and a final plated dish.  A poll will be created and we vote. It's pretty fun and some of the dishes are incredible!! It's just a way to get the creative juices flowing and get out of a rut and maybe cook something you've never tried!!  We will have a "smack talk" thread going. All 3 ingredients must be used in the one dish.

Basic Iron Chef rules:
Be creative on your recipes.
It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.
At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other cooking method.. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove or oven.
Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. ie...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

Voting will be done in the form of a poll. You will only have to pick your favorite and vote for that one.

Do not post any entries until the turn-in date. That date will be Example:Monday, February 11. Entries may be posted beginning at 5pm on that date with a cutoff time of 5pm Tuesday evening. Hopefully that will take into account everyone's working schedule.

You have two weeks to prepare. There will be a comments/discussion thread.

GOT YOUR GAME ON??
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Up In Smoke

I ain't lettin' a power outage get me this time..
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

Ok i'm in this time. Watch out ;D

nepas

deb415611

BUT......... you don't even know what the ingredients are!  (I do, hehehe)   I'm not sure what happened to 10.5, I confirmed the ingredients awhile ago.  I think he's scared, very scared that I confirmed them ;D

NePaSmoKer

deb415611

You should be ;D 

Apparently this is going to have to be renamed the smack thread!

Ka Honu

The only right way to do this is for me to visit each entrant's home location so I can taste and render a professional opinion on their creations.  I would post my tasting notes on the forum, allowing other voters a better basis on which to cast their ballots.  Any other methodology is simply an exercise in food photography.

Oh, almost forgot.  We'll have to charge an entry fee to cover my travel costs. 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: deb415611 on June 23, 2009, 05:34:21 PM
You should be ;D  

Apparently this is going to have to be renamed the smack thread!

And BTW i have the spot cleared in my garage for the Bike  :D  :D

nepas

La Quinta

I'm in...Plus the smack talk is way fun!!!  ;D ;D ;D

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 23, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

nepas

I think that I have a 30 year old Schwinn in my parent's basement :D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: deb415611 on June 23, 2009, 05:45:54 PM

nepas

Hey thats a collectors item now.

I mean the bike Bradley is doing  silly

nepas

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 23, 2009, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: deb415611 on June 23, 2009, 05:45:54 PM

nepas

but my garage has been cleared out longer ;D

Hey thats a collectors item now.

I mean the bike Bradley is doing  silly

nepas

La Quinta

INGREDIENTS KIDS.....forget the bikes....let's get going...I have a licorice Iron Chef this weekend that I am dreading...and I'd be very happy to focus on something else honestly...(I hate licorice)  ???

Please?????

Tenpoint5

OK OK It be Game time!! The ingredients are:

Ham
Potatoes
Pizza Crust

And this is now the official Smack Talk Thread!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on June 23, 2009, 05:24:56 PM
BUT......... you don't even know what the ingredients are!  (I do, hehehe)   I'm not sure what happened to 10.5, I confirmed the ingredients awhile ago.  I think he's scared, very scared that I confirmed them ;D

I aint SCARED just had to go build a Cub Scout float for the towns 175th Anniversary. Bring it on BREAD LADY!!!