Hunting and Fishing Pics---Post them here!

Started by Caribou, August 28, 2009, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

Little ole north georgia buck.
this is my oatmeal cookie buck, i went hunting at my friends secret spot (did not want him hunting alone)
just not safe.
i put my stand on the tree and opened an oatmeal cookie...took one bite and this guy showed up.
we were there just under 40 minutes.

it was december 10th. this guy had run all of his weight off chasing does.
he dressed at 136 pounds 17 3/4 inch inside spread and a 26 inch neck
he was all neck and antlers.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

FLBentRider

Nice looking buck!

I've been several time, I have yet to bag one.

I don't hunt deer in FL, I hunt with relatives in PA.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Up In Smoke

FLB
you will get your chance. in PA the deer come with saddles!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Caribou

Beautiful deer Up In Smoke!
My hubby just took a look at it and said "I want one, too!"
Carolyn

Ka Honu

Quote from: Up In Smoke on August 30, 2009, 02:30:40 PM... he was all neck and antlers.

UIS - Thanks for the explanation.  I was wondering how you got a full deer to stand still outside your house with his head sticking through a hole in the wall.

FLBentRider

Quote from: Up In Smoke on August 30, 2009, 02:51:33 PM
you will get your chance. in PA the deer come with saddles!

I know, I have seen many, just not on the right day proper equipment in my hands....

One of the problems is they don't close Florida schools for PA hunting season...  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Nice pictures all

Makes me want to go hunting

pensrock

Quotehe dressed at 136 pounds 17 3/4 inch inside spread and a 26 inch neck
he was all neck and antlers.

Wow that looks very close to the buck I got many years ago. I was only 13 yo. 10 point, 18.75" inside spread. looks a lot like yours but the brow tines are a little shorter. I could not get it mounted because dad was just scraping by as it was. I have been trying to get one as big or bigger ever since so I could get it mounted, but no luck. Several 8 points and a bunch of smaller ones but not the big one. I did pass up a 8 point one year that was bigger but wanted a ten. I'm still kicking myself for passing him up.

muzzletim

This is a picture of one of the Broken Horn Oryx my son and I got last weekend (We each got one). It is on the Whitesands missle range.
Tim

Tenpoint5

That fella looks like a beef hanging there. Way too much for your freezer, Good thing I have two and one is about 3/4 empty. I can help you out.
I PROMISE I WONT TRY ANY OF IT!!! ;) ;)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Caribou

Wow Tim!
Those oryx are HUGE! 
What is the meat akin to in flavor?
Carolyn

muzzletim

Thanks for the offer 10 point but I have 2 freezers and I should just be able to squeeze it in! ;D ;D

The meat is excellant it is milder than elk or deer, closer to beef!

It was 105 degree's out that day in the desert so speed is of the essence to get it processed. When we come off the range there are a couple of young guys one a taxidermist the other a butcher and they have a refrigerated trailer they built. We pay a premium to have them skin it and process it. It is worth it not to spoil any of the meat. I have shot a huge trophy one a couple of years ago without a broken horns, that was my once in a life time hunt. This basically was a meat hunt for us, the oryx fight all the time and break their horns so the trophy hunters do not want them. So we apllied and both got drawn to cull a broken horn. A very fun hunt and cheaper than Africa.
Tim

classicrockgriller

My deer camp is on 6900 acres of river bottom land on the Neches River. Most rivers flow north and south, because of some altitudes of the land the river was force to go east and west for miles.That is where our lease is. Dividing our lease is a road called Fort Teran Rd that leads to an old abandon fort the Spanish had at one time. (historical marker)
  Our deer camp has moved from the times of the original members sleeping in what ever and staying where ever to a central location. It is a small city. 38 travel trailer that stay on a yearly basis. An airconditioned and heated bunk house that sleeps 20 people. A camp house that has 4 refrigerators and 3 stoves. Running water, electricity, showers, toilets. We have a cooler that holds 25 deer and hogs and maintains a temp of 38 degrees. Dual skinning racks, 4 wheel drive trucks, 4 wheelers.....you name it we got it.....NOT...but we do now.
  The BRADLEY ( Gabi ) is going to the deer camp ! I can't wait. Nov 7th thru Jan 3rd.(big gun hunt) Bow season starts a month before and mussel load last two weeks after. If I have listened to what the great teachers are teaching on this forum and perform my job on the Bradley well, sales should increase 15 to 20 more after hunting season. Hope I get a commission.

Tenpoint5

Well it seems Life got in the way one too many times. My daughter won't be going on her first squirrel hunt anytime soon. She managed to break her left arm Tuesday night. Gonna have to wait til next year.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!