Hunting and Fishing Pics---Post them here!

Started by Caribou, August 28, 2009, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outlander

That big old quad in the back with some block and tackle does the job every time.

Kummok

Some great pics on this thread! Still down in SoCal and still wishin'-I-was-fishin' but at least I have a little time to share a few pics!

My favorite food!

Utility Fish!

Fun to hunt and taste great too!

Side yard visitor!

KevinG

What are those by the snowmobile, snowshoe rabbits?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Kummok

Those are Willow Ptarmigan (the Alaska state bird), Kevin. Cooked "normally", they taste like liver flavored logger's boots...cooked right however, and they taste truly gourmet!

tsquared

Quotethey taste like liver flavored logger's boots
You've got me spitting up my morning coffee, Kummok! :D
Halibut opened on Feb. 1 here in BC but locally there are no decent tides until this coming Sunday. I'm getting the itch....
T2

RossP

Still water season has started ;D

Let the games begin
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

Very nice fish Ross. Where did you get those?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

RossP

Quote from: Quarlow on March 12, 2010, 03:01:38 PM
Very nice fish Ross. Where did you get those?

Mill Lake on Monday.
Let a few other go ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

RossP

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

That is where I thought you meant. You aren't serious that you got those from there. I would not have beleived it. Just so everyone knows what we are talking about Mill lake is a small lake in the heart of the city of Abbottsford B.C. where people go to let there dogs take a swim and the ducks love it too. It is just really a pond left from a gravel pit I think. It is nicely fixed up but it is right next to the mall parking lot. Go figure.

OBS
BBQ

RossP

Nope not an old gravel pit. Use to be a limber mill on the west end. The pilings in the lake were from the railroad that went to the mill.
There is an underground spring that feeds the lake as well as a creek that is all but buried from the development in the area but it also feed the lake.
At the East end of the lake is an outflow creek that goes underground now, due to development but it feed a little creek in Ravine Park that has a small
Salmon Hatchery. Now I due admit that the lake is stocked with Rainbows but it also has, Crappie, Large Mouth Bass(the largest I have caught was 6 lbs.)
and Pumpkin Seed. I love taking my tube out and floating around catching Bows on the fly.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

How frickin' big is it? I didn't think it was very big, like 2 or 3 acres. I only seen it once and I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I just saw it from the parking lot and walked over for a minute.

OBS
BBQ

RossP

Yup it is a small lake
here is the specs off the
go fish bc site:

Name:     MILL LAKE
     Alias:    ABBOTSFORD
     Region:    Lower Mainland
     Watershed Code:    100-054300-53400-95300
     Waterbody Identifier:    01096LFRA
     Elevation:    54 m
     Surface Area:    18.48 ha.
     Perimeter:    2175 m.
     Maximum Depth:    11 m.
     Mean Depth:    2 m.

Just big enough for a float tube or two
The deepest part of the lake is about 36 feet according
to my fish finder. I usually fish in 6-12 feet of water.
Never get skunked, always alot of fun. Let me know if you
want to go one Monday.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

How do the fish taste? Are they muddy? What is the feed in the lake? Once my shoulder heals in will be back to monday-friday for me. But thanks for the offer. I guess you don't get a lot of competition there? A bunch of kids casting from the little dock I'll bet.

OBS
BBQ