BIG Jalapenos - Help (Edit: Sorry, I forgot the pic)

Started by ArnieM, September 17, 2009, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 18, 2009, 11:52:54 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 18, 2009, 09:17:26 PM
My wife call ABT's...."next day reminders"

She is not kidding. These things can give you one serious wakeup call.

HR

I have heard a few people say they noticed it the next day, but even when I eat something hot, not penos, they are not hot, I have never had the situation you refer to. Guess I'm just lucky that way?  ???   ???

Hopefull Romantic

As far as I am concerned, they go out as hot as they went in.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pensrock

classicrockgriller

Hopefull Romantic

CGR,

Many years ago, I went to an Indian restaurant in Orlando Florida and I ordered my main course to be extra hot. I had to return it three times because it was not according to my taste. The last time the chef came out and told me that there was nothing in his kitchen that would make it hotter.

I don't know what was wrong with my mouth that evening, but the next morning MAN I was screaming from the top of my lunges in pain and when I hit the shower, it was almost like dousing fire with water.

HR

Tenpoint5

If I over indulge they don't come out hot the just come out faster than they went in!! :o :o
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

LOL, you guys are funny. I'm glad none of that happens to me, or I'd be hurting several times a week.  ;D ;D

I have cut back some over the last couple years, get some heartburn on occasions and acid reflux if I eat too much heat or too hot. That bites cause I always loved the hot heat.  :)
Now I'm more of a mild heat but once in a while I still endulge. You can always tell if something is real hot, the hic-cups start right away. thats normally a bad sign.  :o  That happened to me last year when playing with a NAGA pepper. Wicked hot!  :'(
I do not suggest you try one of the NAGA's or BHUT's unless you are a serious pepperhead. WAY TOO HOT FOR me anyway.

Hopefull Romantic

I just bought some 1.5 oz of Bhut Jolokia powder and I have no idea what to use it with or how to use it (in what quantity). Any ideas  ??? ??? ???

HR

classicrockgriller

Don't get it on your hands and go to the restroom. I know for a fact.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 19, 2009, 03:26:27 PM
I just bought some 1.5 oz of Bhut Jolokia powder and I have no idea what to use it with or how to use it (in what quantity). Any ideas  ??? ??? ???

HR
I would say very light in the quantity dept. Taste it on your tongue in minute quantity first, It will give you an idea of what your dealing with
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 19, 2009, 03:43:45 PM
Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on September 19, 2009, 03:26:27 PM

HR
I would say very light in the quantity dept. Taste it on your tongue in minute quantity first, It will give you an idea of what your dealing with
Thanks 10.5 will do.
Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 19, 2009, 03:42:37 PM
Don't get it on your hands and go to the restroom. I know for a fact.
it happened with a friend He walked for day like he rode a horse for a month.

HR

Caneyscud

Quote from: pensrock on September 19, 2009, 02:56:03 PM
I do not suggest you try one of the NAGA's or BHUT's unless you are a serious pepperhead. WAY TOO HOT FOR me anyway.

Ok, I officially have some bad-to-the-bone squirrels here at my place.  Decades ago, I figured out I could not have any fruit - the squirrels get it all before it gets ripe.  At one time I had 2 peaches, 2 pears, 5 peaches, 8 grafted mini apples, 4 grapes, 1 nectarine, and an oriental persimmon.  One of the pears is now 50+ years old.  I don't think I have ever gotten a piece of ripe fruit off any of them.  I don't have as many fruit trees anymore - why should I, plus too much shade now.  But this morning I looked out my kitchen window and noticed something different about these pepper plants I have been growing on the deck.  Going outside, what was strange was that there were no more peppers on them.  Three of them were mere green chilis - Big Jim I believe.  BUT the other three were Bhut.  There was perhaps 2 or 3 dozen on the three plants that were starting to get to size.  Something took every one.  All I can guess were the squirrels.  I haven't seen any dead squirrels laying around having died from the heat.  Those are some bad-to-the-bone squirrels!!! I think I am now officially afraid of them things!  Anything that could eat them whole has my respect!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ArnieM

OK, I bit and looked 'em up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_Jolokia

Sounds good to me.  Where do you get 'em?  And, HR, I'd probably hold it down to 1/2 ounce in 1.5 pounds of ground beef for burgers.  And then, I's throw them onto grill from a distance.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: ArnieM on September 19, 2009, 04:23:09 PM
OK, I bit and looked 'em up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhut_Jolokia

Sounds good to me.  Where do you get 'em?  And, HR, I'd probably hold it down to 1/2 ounce in 1.5 pounds of ground beef for burgers.  And then, I's throw them onto grill from a distance.

Arnie here is a link for you for the eBay seller I purchased from. Scroll down to the powdered BJ and read through the description. The warnings they have there is more than you would find in a nuclear reactor.

http://shop.ebay.com/stribwings/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

HR

pensrock

My NAGA's and BHUT's are looking great. I grew them from seed. I hope they have time to ripen. Its been a cool damp year here and not so good for pepper growing, although I loved the cool weather. They are just starting to turn color. They called for frost last night but I did not see any around this morning. I normally dry them and grind into powder. This year I may smoke them then dry them. Not sure yet. My orange habs, chocolate habs and thai peppers do not look very good this year. Everything else is done. The whole garden is pulled. The late blight took all my tomatoes.

I cannot imagine a squirrel eating that many pepper at one or two sittings. I have had deer get into my hot peppers before, but never squirrels.