BIG Jalapenos - Help (Edit: Sorry, I forgot the pic)

Started by ArnieM, September 17, 2009, 03:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

I've got chipmunks, possums, rabbits and raccoons go through my yard at times also.  or maybe some sort of bird.  Regardless, 2 dozen+ bhuts. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Quarlow

Hey Caney, If any of your neighbours invite you over for ABT's, I think you'll have found your peppers.  ;D ::)
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

pensrock

Quote from: Caneyscud on September 20, 2009, 01:09:59 PM
I've got chipmunks, possums, rabbits and raccoons go through my yard at times also.  or maybe some sort of bird.  Regardless, 2 dozen+ bhuts. 

I cannot say if rodents, rabbits and coons can taste heat. I'm fairly sure birds cannot, but they most likely would have wanted the seeds not the whole pepper. Too bad you did not have a game cam setup, it would have been nice to see the culprit in action.  ;D

ArnieM

I've heard that birds can't taste or smell it.  Some recommend sprinkling cayenne in your bird feeder with the seed.  Supposedly, the birds don't care but it will keep the squirrels away.  That would indicate that mammals could smell it and/or not like the taste.

CS, I have all of the same critters wandering about here.  I'm growing tomatoes, peppers and eggplant on my deck.  Granted, it's off the ground but any of them could climb up if they wanted to.  My main problem was deer.  They can eat rose bushes, thorns and all.  But, it seems, only the domestic roses, not the wild ones.  My wife feeds the chipmunks peanuts.  They're very cute and almost up to smokin' size.  ::)

I'd keep the shotgun handy.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.