Why Texans eat Brisket and not Salmon

Started by classicrockgriller, September 30, 2009, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Your mon db has some beautiful photos also. I really have enjoyed this post and wish everyone on the forum would take a peek.

dbrown1

Thanks, I wonder if we could move the pictures part of the post to a new topic so everyone could enjoy these pictures cause they are just great all the way around..

Big Stick

Pretty good little day. Rolled some Chrome Coho at daylight,zero confirmation went well on a 223AI and a 25-284 and my pard's new Kimber Montana 223 will do 1/2" with 50gr V-Max.

Best part is,the Wife was pulling BBQ off the grill as I hit the driveway.

dbrown1

monty

Quote from: Big Stick on October 04, 2009, 03:30:14 PM
zero confirmation went well on a 223AI and a 25-284 and my pard's new Kimber Montana 223 will do 1/2" with 50gr V-Max.

???
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Big Stick

I shot comeups on a few rifles,to ascertain all is in order for distant pursuits...mainly as a reaffirmation of known quantitities and the warm/fuzzy.

Rifle (A),one of my 223 Ackley Improved's,did nice things out to the 700yd line,despite being slotted to the yeoman task of fireforming cases for others of the ilk. That typically means the 50gr Hornady V-Max at a 3300fps launch,in virgin hulls,out of it's 20" tube. Nothing fancy,just an LTR barreled action punched 223AI,Badger knob,Badger M4 bottom metal,Badger 20 minute rail,Badger standard rings,Leupie 3.5-10x M3 and a McMillan 3-way adjustable A5 bedded to same. In nice conditions,it will shoot a half minute at the 700yd line.

Rifle (B) was one that I built for my daughter,to replace an initial 25-284 that I literally wore out. It is S/S 700 based,wears Talley LW's,6x42 Leupie with turrets,a Ti takeoff stock and a PacNor 1-10" #1 contoured 22" spout throated in accords to it's 2.815" COAL magbox and always dazzles. It shoots the 75 XFB into stupid knots at 3700fps+.

I gave her free reign to paint in accordance to her whim and she never even blinked.

My pard's Montana gave a nice accounting of itself,after laying moly down the pipe and responded nicely to the aforementioned FF loads slated for my LTR...despite their being about .030" into it's lands. IMHO,a cursory 1/2" cluster at the 100yd line with fodder constructed for an entirely different rifle,is a very positive thing. After bedding,a scope swap(6x42 Leupie wearing M1 turrets) and a little load TLC,I expect it to shine rather brightly.

After Hunting it this sEason he'll have it punched 223AI and mod the mag to accept 75gr A-Max kissing lands and then she'll be at her full potential.

You know...the usual.

classicrockgriller

BS, I didn't understand all the language, but those are some really nice looking guns. I don't do much to mine in that all I have is upto a 175 yd shot. I go to the deer camp mainly to eat good groceries and listen to the stories (lies?) of the old hunters. It is a fun time.   CRG

Big Stick

They are simply tools and I take them seriously enough,to extract their inherent potential.

i shoot a bit.(grin)

classicrockgriller

Think I will add a note to the post topic that will include photo display from Alaska. Do ya'll mind?

Big Stick

Everyone appreciates a good pic,do as you please.

Back to shooting,here's a few more of my 223AI's.

dbrown1

I don't mind at all CRG... Nice collection there BS

Big Stick

Hopefull Romantic

Really nice pictures. Love the northen Lights.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Kummok

Would have to agree, CRG....these pics deserve their own thread. I had "wandered off" this thread when it got away from the subject title, then saw lots of "chatter" so wandered back on again...glad I did! Some great pics (and shooters!) BS...glad you shared!!