Why Texans eat Brisket and not Salmon

Started by classicrockgriller, September 30, 2009, 03:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Kummok

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 04, 2009, 10:16:44 PM
Kummok, I think Bradley made BS leave.

Hope not....a bit on the abrasive side (I've seen worse here ;) ) but sure has some great stuff he's sharing on the forum...exceptional pics and I loved the gunspeak!! 

Hopefull Romantic

In every group some one would appear who believes he know better than one, tries to take over every conversation and thinks he is God's best gift since sliced bread. In this group we bake biscuits and slice briskets.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

classicrockgriller

Kummok, you are right, nice nice pics and a hellofa way to spend your life. I think he just got carried away. I think Brian pm him and told him not to post anything offensive and it didn't stop. He certainly wasn't rude to me. geez

classicrockgriller

HR, Man cannot live on bread alone. Read this thread and look at his pics. He did get carried away and I wish he wouldn't have. He was a pretty interesting guy.
Oh well.

Kummok

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 04, 2009, 10:33:46 PM
....In this group we bake biscuits and slice briskets.
HR

MY kind of deep philosophy, HR!!  Life's short and I know where I'm going when I die (surprised I made it this far!)...I don't waste time in digital battles when there's biscuits to be made, wood to get in, salmon to catch/eat, and folks that love and need lovin'!  ;)

Hopefull Romantic

CRG, I have to admit that Bib Stick was an interesting guy and have to admit I was a bit envious. However and when there is differences in opinions, there are some of us who would they we are just different and those who think they are better.

Differences of opinion are reasons to excel or become humble, in either case not insuled or insultive... but that is only my opinion.

HR

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Kummok on October 04, 2009, 10:43:40 PM
Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 04, 2009, 10:33:46 PM
....In this group we bake biscuits and slice briskets.
HR

MY kind of deep philosophy, HR!!  Life's short and I know where I'm going when I die (surprised I made it this far!)...I don't waste time in digital battles when there's biscuits to be made, wood to get in, salmon to catch/eat, and folks that love and need lovin'!  ;)

Kummok

and I thought I only liked you for how you make the best salmon. Very profound and to the point. Hats off Sir.

HR

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on October 04, 2009, 10:51:11 PM
CRG, I have to admit that Bib Stick was an interesting guy and have to admit I was a bit envious. However and when there is differences in opinions, there are some of us who would they we are just different and those who think they are better.

Differences of opinion are reasons to excel or become humble, in either case not insuled or insultive... but that is only my opinion.

HR

I agree, I don't come here to argue or insult. I save that for my wife, lol Just kinda wish the whole thing wouldn't have happen. oh well, time to move on

dbrown1

Hrmm I didn't realize he was being insulting, maybe a bit of a "know it all" but heck I have friends like that and honestly there fun to have around cause when they mess up it is just that much more entertaining  ;D

classicrockgriller

db, he started a post "anyone shoot" and I guess things got out of control.   CRG

classicrockgriller

db, your mother has some very nice Photos and I am sure everyone on the forum would like to see them. You should look thru them and pick out 5 or 6 good ones (well ok They are all good) ok....5 or 6 that you like the best. Start a new post in either "general discussions" or "new topics" and post with a title like "Photo essay of Alaska's Wildlife" something like that. Then put a link to the rest of her photos. Every now and then Pick out a new one and post it again along with the link to her pics. I really think everyone would enjoy them. If you want I will post it for you, but she your mom and you can share some inside info about her that I can't. I think it would very enjoyable. Not every post has to be about food.   CRG

dbrown1

Okay I will see what I can do... kinda hard pickin the fav's though  ;)

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: dbrown1 on October 05, 2009, 07:57:32 PM
Okay I will see what I can do... kinda hard pickin the fav's though  ;)

DB1, you should have your mother pick her favorites.

HR

Kummok

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 05, 2009, 09:14:47 AM
db, he started a post "anyone shoot" and I guess things got out of control.   CRG

Did a little "sluthing" (an X-criminal investigator....cain't help myself ;) )  and I'm guessing that we had a brief visit from "Pirate Air Works" of Ketchikan and possibly Kevin Hack, owner of this bird http://www.dhc-2.com/id1016.htm   If so, his location at 'Yes Bay Lodge' is indeed "paradise". Been there, done that and literally all of Southeast Alaska is THAT beautiful! I was fortunate to have lived part of my life all over down there and it never got boring or ugly....even did a year on a lighthouse just south of Haines http://sheldonmuseum.org/eldredrock.htm   Incredible fishing and exploring! Won't spend that kind of money to go to that particular lodge but I'm sure it's a bargain and memorable experience for anyone who does. Most of my travels down there were courtesy of the US Coast Guard and my father-in-law, a SE Alaska bush pilot, (read: "free"....other than the four year enlistment part  ::) and I got his beautiful daughter out of the deal!  8) )  Shooting deer down there was like being in a shooting gallery....hunted when the snow brought 'em down and they lined the beach...as I recall, the bag limit was 10, mostly shot from the boat...bear hunting (black) was pretty much the same. Don't know if it's still that way but it kinda sounded like it?!?!?