Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange......DID EVERONE GET THEIR GIFT?

Started by classicrockgriller, October 07, 2009, 12:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I just had a thought. If there is someone out there that wants to get in on the gift exchange but is worried about everyone having access to their address. I can assure you that OTHER than MYSELF the only person that will see your address is the person that will be sending you your gift. After the drawing ALL Addresses will be destroyed and deleted from my computer.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 16, 2009, 08:52:26 PM
I just had a thought. If there is someone out there that wants to get in on the gift exchange but is worried about everyone having access to their address. I can assure you that OTHER than MYSELF the only person that will see your address is the person that will be sending you your gift. After the drawing ALL Addresses will be destroyed and deleted from my computer.

Sure, sure.  But you're the one selling Sham Wow, the miracle teeth whitener, the miracle chopper, the one mop does it all, ginzo knives, ...    ;D ;D ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller

JUST SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE "PRESENT" YOU SEND:

FOR SAFTEY REASONS, ALL FOOD ITEMS SHOULD BE LIKE YOU BOUGHT THEM FROM A STORE...SEALED (not your homemade rub) BUT AS A BONUS INCLUDE THE RECIPE FOR A SPECIAL RUB YOU LIKE.

ANOTHER IDEA MAKE A COPY OF 'YOUR' FAVORITE MUSIC AND SEND IT

SEND A COUPLE OF YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES AND HOW YOU USE THEM TO HAVE A GOOD MEAL

A LOT OF SMALLER ITEMS THAT CAN TRAVEL FOR FREE CAN BRING BIG PLEASURE TO SOMEONE

IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE IDEAS PLZ POST THEM

deb415611

regional food items:

like.....  if your in VT and get someone from southern CA a small jug of maple syrup or some maple sugar
           in WI  - WI cheese (though maybe not to SoCA )
           things like special rubs,  sauces etc from good, local places
           MA - cranberry sauce from a small local cranberry place

My husband is hoping that Iceman participates & gets me & sends me sauce ;D

schneep

I'm in, I will send something from my home state.

Sounds like fun!! :)

(We sent some cheese to New York but it was rerouted back to Minnesota, it got old and moldy on the way, oops, that wasn't cheese, it was Brett Favre!! ::))
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: schneep on October 17, 2009, 10:06:47 PM
I'm in, I will send something from my home state.

Sounds like fun!! :)

(We sent some cheese to New York but it was rerouted back to Minnesota, it got old and moldy on the way, oops, that wasn't cheese, it was Brett Favre!! ::))

LOL....well the trip must have done him good.

pm 10.5 with your info and this is gonna be fun.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 16, 2009, 07:06:37 AM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 16, 2009, 12:08:22 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 10, 2009, 07:48:47 PM
After a nice phone disscussion with CRG. We came up with the following.

Cutoff date for those that would like to enter is Sunday the 15th of Nov

The Last day that your item should be shipped on or by is Friday the 4th of Dec

The shipping date is to ensure that the folks overseas will get their gift by Christmas if at all possible If anyone has a better suggestion feel free to let us know.

HERE"S WHERE WE ARE AT. WE HAVE A $ AMOUNT. WE HAVE A CUTOFF DATE FOR BEING INVOLVED. WE HAVE A SHIPPING DATE FOR THOSE THAT ARE INVOLVED.

THIS CAN BE A FUN THING. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE......PM TENPOINT.5 (10.5) WITH YOUR NAME, SHIPPING ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE

IF YOU HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS....POST THEM HERE

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 17, 2009, 01:31:29 AM

JUST SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE "PRESENT" YOU SEND:

FOR SAFTEY REASONS, ALL FOOD ITEMS SHOULD BE LIKE YOU BOUGHT THEM FROM A STORE...SEALED (not your homemade rub) BUT AS A BONUS INCLUDE THE RECIPE FOR A SPECIAL RUB YOU LIKE.

ANOTHER IDEA MAKE A COPY OF 'YOUR' FAVORITE MUSIC AND SEND IT

SEND A COUPLE OF YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES AND HOW YOU USE THEM TO HAVE A GOOD MEAL

A LOT OF SMALLER ITEMS THAT CAN TRAVEL FOR FREE CAN BRING BIG PLEASURE TO SOMEONE

IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE IDEAS PLZ POST THEM

ArnieM

I'm still in, but having problems.  Look at Deb, for example; very thoughtful ideas.  Being a man is more difficult.  We think of maybe a chain saw or cordless drill.  I'm definitely going to have to consult my wife on this one.  :D
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Hell if you are going to give some one a chainsaw hope you get my name.

Tiny Tim

Don't need a chainsaw, but a 1.75L of Crown would be good....or Templeton Rye.

ArnieM

I'd like to thank you all for your very thoughtful suggestions.   ;D ;D   I'll probably get a pack of pumpkin seeds myself.  But who cares.  It's the thought that counts, right?  And, we certainly have a bunch of nice thoughtful people here.
-- Arnie

BigJohnT

For Christmas a few years ago I thought I was really missing the spirit of giving. Sending baskets of joy was so commercial and expensive. So I started a tradition with my siblings no more baskets of joy for me. I went to the local bulk market and bought two shopping carts full to the top of canned goods with a few goodies to boot and brought it to the local food bank. Now we exchange Christmas cards instead of gifts. And every year I go to the local Aldis and get a couple of baskets of food and bring it to the food bank... a gift that really gives again. There is a added benefit to donating and getting to know the volunteers is that when you go to the charity fish fry you get beer instead of tea...

JT