North Country Thanksgiving

Started by tsquared, October 07, 2009, 08:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I've been flat out on the couch all weekend with a nasty bug so I didn't get any smoking done--didn't even feel up to going to the family get together. I hope all the rest of you canucks had a good one.
T2
PS--I guess I'll just have to wait til July 25 for the Christmas turkey. :D

classicrockgriller

Well I told you it was a dumb question.

classicrockgriller

t2, bad oysters?.....want me to send you some from the Gulf?

tsquared

No thanks, CRG--I'd rather come down sometime and sample them myself!--sometime in January when it's wet, grey and miserable up here!
T2

classicrockgriller

Gizmo

CRG,
You can always ship your extras here.   ;D
The Gulf shrimp are awesome and I suspect so are the oysters.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

classicrockgriller

If Canada would let me ship Oysters to you guys, I would

Caneyscud

Don't know about sending them anything but the shrimp - awfully hard to beat that Gulf shrimp.  But I wouln't mind them sending some of their oysters down.  I've had some mighty fine tasting oyster up around Port Townsend, Sequim, and Port Angeles.  Ran into a very nice lady in Sequim who owned an oyster farm and she filled up my tummy with some great varieties of Pacific oysters - tasty, tasty, tasty
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

tsquared

QuoteRan into a very nice lady in Sequim who owned an oyster farm and she filled up my tummy with some great varieties of Pacific oysters - tasty, tasty, tasty
Caneyscud- There are many wonderful kinds up here. I could never get into eating them raw but I sure like them grilled or smoked.
T2
and BTW Caneyscud--if you ever get as close as Sequim again, make sure you pack your passport and come over here to the Island so we can try and reduce the salmon population.

ArnieM

If anyone has any 'extra' oysters, send 'em up here.   ;D  My wife and I both love 'em on the half shell.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 12, 2009, 10:28:51 PM
If Canada would let me ship Oysters to you guys, I would

Sorry Giz, guess I had a brain fart, I knew that you were on the west coast.