North Country Thanksgiving

Started by tsquared, October 07, 2009, 08:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

Oakville smoker brought up the fact that it is our Thanksgiving this weekend in Canada--what do all the Canuckleheads have planned? I usually do a batch of smoked oysters to have as appetizers and I've also used the smoked oysters as part of an oyster stuffing for the turkey.
T2

KyNola

TSquared,
When I saw Thanksgiving and smoked oysters in the first line I immediately thought "please let him be doing some oyster dressing with those oysters".  Love me some oyster dressing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our smoker friends in the land to the north of the U.S.!

KyNola

Quarlow

I'm with TSquared we have always put smoked oysters in our stuffing. A throwback from being boaters all our life and having an abundance of seafood on hand.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Yep, Happy Thanksgiving to North Country. You guys be safe and smoke a lot. eh!
tsquared, is that a family recipe on the oyster stuffing? I don't stuff a Turkey but I sure it can be adapted to a dressing recipe.
Post some pics if you can.

CRG

classicrockgriller

I found a recipe on the internet, but I would rather have one that is time tested.   CRG

Mr Walleye

T2

I'm thinking I like your Thanksgiving plans better than mine!  ;)

No smokin' for me this weekend... I'm building a 350 sq. ft. two tier deck on my daughter & fiancĂ©'s new home they just built.  ::)

Man... the things ya gotta do...

Hope all my fellow Canucks have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Mike

PS

It's going to be a nice balmy high of 2 degrees on Saturday to get things goin!  ::)

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Quarlow

Unfortunately I have a house full of sick people so we won't be able to join the family dinner this year. And I was going to do my smoked stuffed pork loin with dry cranberries and raisins and maple syrup. And I was also going to make fresh cranberry sauce and jelly. DOH.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

I didn't know about Thanksgiving happening up there.  Have a good one.

Q, sorry about the sick people; not feelin' too good myself today.

I like raw oysters on the half-shell.  I've never tried them smoked.

Let us all know how your Thanksgiving turned out people.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

RossP

The wife is doing a turkey in the oven with all the trimmings while I am doing a Coho salmon on the grill with salt potatoes made on the side burner. I plan on making the taters into the garlic mash taters. Also going to smoke some salmon for appies along with some smoked Italian Sausage balls. Sort of like a competition between the wife and myself, let the games begin ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

LOL, Ross be careful, you might get a fulltime job (Cooking) plus dishes like I did. Hope ya'll have a good one.   CRG

Caribou

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian forum members!
Carolyn

Hopefull Romantic

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there and special wishes to our Candian forum members.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pensrock

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.  :)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Dysartsmoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on October 07, 2009, 09:20:05 PM
T2

I'm thinking I like your Thanksgiving plans better than mine!  ;)

No smokin' for me this weekend... I'm building a 350 sq. ft. two tier deck on my daughter & fiancĂ©'s new home they just built.  ::)

Man... the things ya gotta do...

Hope all my fellow Canucks have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Mike

PS

It's going to be a nice balmy high of 2 degrees on Saturday to get things goin!  ::)

Good luck with the deck Mike you may need toque gloves and oh yea some anti-freeze my son is coming home for the week end we are smoking 15lb hamburger jerky and 15lb of eye of round. 
Jack

smokers

Bradley original

Centro Electric Digital Smoker

LUHR JENSEN MINI CHIEF TOP LOAD 15LB SM

Great outdoors smokey mountain

7 IN 1 MASTERBUILT

old school wood pit