What Is Santa Bringing You?

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 22, 2009, 06:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: hal4uk on November 24, 2009, 08:53:23 PM
After all this...  If it's a lump of coal... You won't be safe in ANY corner of PA...

hal, don't beg....that is what he wants. ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: RossP on November 24, 2009, 07:20:01 PM
Well the wife just took me to the doc's to get my Twinrix shots. She is taking me to Puerto Vallarta for Christmas. Since our no good for nothing kids ;) have not blessed us with Grand childern yet, heck they are not even married as if that makes a difference these day. Welll we told the three boys that until there is a Grand Child we will be leaving at Christmas from now on. Now all I have to do is figure out which fly rod to take down with me.  ;D

Thats great Ross.

When you and your spouse can get away and be together, that better than any material gift one could receive.  You will get gradnkids one of these days  ;D  The good thing about them is you can always send them home  :D  :D

Larry

You will keep me posted on your Mak?

Ok here is what Santa brought me.

The Liberty was worn out, so she traded it and our daughter got my lil yellow truck.

SO THERE NOW  :D

nepas

squirtthecat

Nice wheels, Nepas!

I had a 'Santa moment' like that a few years ago in early December...

Wife said to treat myself, so I did. (it's almost paid for now ;))

classicrockgriller

I knew it was a jeep....... I win the pot!!!!!!!!!!

Nice going nepas, congrats

HawkeyeSmokes

Way nice Nepas!

You must have been real good this year.

Enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HawkeyeSmokes

oakville smoker

YOWSER

When I grow up I want to be a NePas.  Are you adopting right now? 
Nice wheels. 

I am hoping for some dried out freezer burnt brisket for Christmas.  Maybe I can use some spent pucks to make a gravy for it !

Actually all kidding aside, I think we need a vacation and that will be our Christmas present.  Too many deaths in the family this year, too much turmoil, just too much unpleasantries is a good way to put it.  I think we will do this before Christmas or maybe the week following New Years as the rates fall insanely.

Congrats my friend.  Happy travels in that puppy.  I used to have a 4 by 4 wasy back when and mad did I have fun in that baby !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

NePaSmoKer

Thanks guys. The Mrs says i was good this year.

If you dont have some sort of all wheel drive or 4wd you aint getting up and down our road when it snows.

My Nissan was good to me, hope its just as good for my daughter, Mrs has her Subaru and i got the Wrangler  ;D

nepas

Oldman

QuoteNow all I have to do is figure out which fly rod to take down with me. 
I love it~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

KyNola

Nice Rick!  You have had one heck of a year buddy.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on November 25, 2009, 11:09:18 AM
Nice Rick!  You have had one heck of a year buddy.

KyNola

Yeah Larry i have but like others i have had my down side.

Wish my boys could be here to go hunt with me and for the holidays.

nepas

KyNola

Your boys and your daughter are taking care of business so the rest of us can enjoy our liberties.  I know it must be tough on you and Mrs. NePaS.

BTW, I will definitely be keeping you updated on the MAK.  I haven't been able to get it out of the crate yet but Ive sure been poking around in the crate and reading the owner's manual.  Your buddy Bruce is right about the digital controller.  If it will do half what the owner's manual says it will do and if I'm smart enough to figure it out WOW!

KyNola

hal4uk

You Dawwwwwwwwwwg!!!
Now THAT's a Christmas present!!!!
Keep the shiny side up!

My wife was also receptive to the "new wheels" idea --- uhhhh... so she got her some!
(I reckon I gotta improve my presentation technique...  'cause next time...  in 2050 or so...)

-------------------------
1) where are all your kids serving?
2) tell 'em Hal4UK d*mn sure appreciates it!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Caneyscud

Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2009, 09:40:25 AM
I love it~~!

No problem - big and fast!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

RossP

Quote from: Caneyscud on November 25, 2009, 06:12:45 PM
Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2009, 09:40:25 AM
I love it~~!

No problem - big and fast!

The biggest  I have is an 8wt. Think that is good enough or shoul dI invest in something with a little more backbone?
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Caneyscud

Talked earlier in the year to a guy who had been there - he was a corporate pilot on business down there.  Fishing in P.V. usually consists of Deep Sea trolling or bottom fishing for the big stuff (sailfish, marlin, tuna, dorado) with some beach and jetty fishing.  You might find some small boats that will do the fly, or maybe rent a panga and its operator to take you around.  I've heard that it is possible to catch roosterfish, barracuda, rays, etc... from the beach or the jetties - but lots of people,rocks and big waves to deal with.  Nuevo Vallarta supposedly has a big breakwater/jetty that can be good, but the river mouth there would be the best bet.  I wouldn't take anything less than the 8wt and plenty of backing.  Wouldn't be too good for a big roosterfish, 'cuda, or Jack Crevalle.  As long as it is pretty fast (to beat the wind), it would be good tossing deceiver, surf candy, poppers and the like off the beach or the jetties.  For the big game stuff - 12 wt would be needed at least.  Boat operators would normally have these.  There is supposedly a freshwater lake near that has some big bass in it.  The 8wt would be good for that.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"