First jerky on the OBS

Started by ronbeaux, December 06, 2009, 11:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronbeaux

I found round on sale and jumped on it. Used a kicked up Kutas recipe and ended up with 6lbs. It's resting now.

While that is happening I got hungry and burnt some chicken and a few ABT's

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Quarlow

All looks good so far. Nice looking chicken.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

When is the jerky going in the smoker?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Nice chicken and looking forward for the jerky
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OU812

It ALL looks good ronbeaux, mmmmmmmmmmmmm chicken.

Is the jerky done yet?

ronbeaux

I plan on putting the jerky in the smoker tomorrow morning, early. Thought I might get to it today but the Mrs had a surgery scheduled, her third this year, and it went longer than planned. Doc said this one was the ticket. Hip Hip Hurray!! BUT, apparently they gave her training while under goofy meds because she is now SUPER BOSS! Get me this, get me that, I'm hungry, I'm...............

So I celebrated with a couple of filet mignon with some tators gratin and saute'd shrooms.

Didn't even have time to go outside

Did the black iron sear, finish in the oven till 137 method right after the tators got right.

Deglazed the steak pan and poured the juice on the shrooms

Then plated up hers first, brought to her so she wouldn't have to move a muscle.

Bare with me. I'll get the jerky going in the morning.

OU812

That all looks great.

Hope mama's doing good, sounds like it "get me this get me that"

HawkeyeSmokes

Take care of business Ron. The jerky can wait, but? We still want to hear about it!  ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

squirtthecat

You're a good hubby!   Outstanding job on the dinner.

Tenpoint5

The Jerky can wait take care of Momma. You could always treat her like smoked cheese!! ;D ;D lock the door and come back 10 days later. Cajun woman penned up for ten days to brew Wow would that be a whoopin
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Looks great ron, that should have brought a smile to Momma's face, I know it did mine and I didn't get to eat a bite.

I just saw your title real good ..... " Fist jerky on the OBS "

ROTHFFLMAO Well you probably weren't the first to make fist jerky on the OBS. ;D ;D :D :D

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 07, 2009, 07:19:55 PM
Looks great ron, that should have brought a smile to Momma's face, I know it did mine and I didn't get to eat a bite.

I just saw your title real good ..... " Fist jerky on the OBS "

ROTHFFLMAO Well you probably weren't the first to make fist jerky on the OBS. ;D ;D :D :D

Your bad CRG. Funny, but BAD!  :D
HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

I saw that right away but didn't want to say anything. I LMAO.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ronbeaux

Whoops

Anyhow, jerky is loaded and in the OBS with some hickory.

Let's call it 0630 start time. Smoke is going and will be for a couple of hours. No water, and the slide set to hold at around 150F.

Momma is laid up like Jed Clampet's hound.

OU812

The jerky is looking gooood.

Is it done yet?  :)

Is it done yet?  :D

Is it done yet?  ;D