• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Venison summer sausage

Started by Piker, January 17, 2010, 04:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piker

I just finished making some sausage. I used the regular spices but added mustard seed, mac and h.t. cheese. They were too big for my smoker so I did them in the oven @ 170 for 7 hrs. i.t. of 154 F. It turned out great as I must have ate 3/4 lb. during slicing.              Piker                                                                                                         

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

That brings back some old memories. When I was little and going to elementary school mom made me meat,macaroni and cheese sandwiches. Those were my fav back then. I haven't had it since I was probably 10 years old. Nice looking sausage Piker.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Mac n Cheese Sausage now that is a new one for me!! Piker you wouldn't mind sharing this recipe would you?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

dbondy

Wow nice job Piker, that looks pretty good might have to give that a try. ;D

OU812

Mac N Cheese Sausage, Interesting.

Could we see your see your recipe?

Piker

I used the recipe in Olds Place by Trout. I ommited the liquid smoke but added 1/2 cup whole mustard seed, 2 cups macroni cooked and 1 lb/ Hitemp cheddar cheese. I did the grinding, mixing, stuffing all on 1st day, let rest in frig. overnite and then into oven {convection] @ 170 f until i.t. of 154 f about 6 hrs. I had a mix of 7 lbs. venison, 7 lbs. of picnic shoulder. Piker

Tenpoint5

OK Piker I just have to know. How drunk do you have to be to say "I'm going to put Mac and Cheese in my summer sausage"??  ;D ;D I aint saying its wrong or that it doesn't sound really good, Just aint never heard of it before.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

That's like a whole meal in a tube!  Brilliant!

OU812

Thanks Piker

I love Mac N Chees with diced sausage in it, now sausage with Mac N Chees in it sounds good. Like 10.5 said "How drunk do you have to be" to come up with a combination like this.  ;D

Goin to give this a try when I make some of MY own sausage.

Quarlow

Quote from: Quarlow on January 17, 2010, 11:51:37 PM
That brings back some old memories. When I was little and going to elementary school mom made me meat,macaroni and cheese sandwiches. Those were my fav back then. I haven't had it since I was probably 10 years old. Nice looking sausage Piker.
well like I said this is nothing new.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Piker

thats funny guys as it is a pretty popular item up here as it has been in deli counters for years even since I was a kid. So that makes it old. Wait until you see ny next batch. It will be pickle, pimento and olives using the same summer sausage recipe. Piker

Quarlow

Theres another blast from the past ;)

OBS
BBQ

OU812

Pickle, pimento and olive loaf now thats something I've had but the Mac N Cheese is new to us down here.

Keep it coming Piker.

wally22

Piker I have a silly question for you and it's why do you take the casings off an does it keep OK with off.
Thanks