A Tenpoint5 Ham

Started by Tenpoint5, April 19, 2010, 08:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Since everyone has been doing all these HAMS and using this recipe from some fella named Tenpoint5 I fingered I should make one as well. They all sounded and looked SO GOOD. Only thing is I had to add a little twist to mine. (Insert Evil Laugh) For my Ham I am NOT going to use Pork I am using Venison, Bambi, Deer whatever you call it in your world!! ;D I thawed out an 11lb Boneless Ham that has been patiently waiting in the freezer for this week to come. I mixed up the brine, stuffed the ham into the netting, tied it off, injected 13 2oz injections all over the place and it looked like this.

Then into the brine bath she went.

After arranging a cutoff plastic bottle to keep it submerged on went the lid to my brine bucket and we are resting comfortably in the bottom of the beer fridge in the garage until Friday night when the transformation will take place during a 24hr+ smoke. Stay Tuned
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

looks good 10.5

I see you had supper before you started (beer & pork n' beans) ;D

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 19, 2010, 08:13:07 PM
looks good 10.5

Nope That was lunch. Supper was a Farmland Garlic and sumfin pork tenderloin, steamed new taters with butter and Italian sharp cheese sprinkled on top, Sweet Corn and cantaloupe!  :P

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 19, 2010, 08:17:15 PM
looks good 10.5

Nope That was lunch. Supper was a Farmland Garlic and sumfin pork tenderloin, steamed new taters with butter and Italian sharp cheese sprinkled on top, Sweet Corn and cantaloupe!  :P

Now that sounds delicious.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 19, 2010, 08:21:20 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 19, 2010, 08:17:15 PM
looks good 10.5

Nope That was lunch. Supper was a Farmland Garlic and sumfin pork tenderloin, steamed new taters with butter and Italian sharp cheese sprinkled on top, Sweet Corn and cantaloupe!  :P

Now that sounds delicious.

I would offer you some but the Yardapes came in from the backyard scarfed down everything in sight and blew back out the door. Momma and me was scraping plates just to feed us.

seemore

10.5 WOW ..............
seemore

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

This is goin to be gooood!

Sounds like your goin to have a fun weekend.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 20, 2010, 08:32:30 AM

I am going to try and get this ol girl in the smoker about 7pm Friday and hopefully have it for supper Saturday night.

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 20, 2010, 08:37:40 AM

I am going to try and get this ol girl in the smoker about 7pm Friday and hopefully have it for supper Saturday night.

Sounds like a plan but are the yard apes goin to wait till after 7pm for supper?  :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 20, 2010, 08:49:09 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 20, 2010, 08:37:40 AM

Sounds like a plan but are the yard apes goin to wait till after 7pm for supper?  :D
I am hoping since this ham is boneless it will go a little quicker. but the plan of attack is 7pm 12 hours @120, then 7am 8 hours @140 w/smoke then bump to 170-180 until 152 IT

The Yardapes will be outside playing so they won't be in a rush to come in. I can always hold them off with a stick!!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 20, 2010, 09:41:22 AM
The Yardapes will be outside playing so they won't be in a rush to come in. I can always hold them off with a stick!!

Ya but there are 4 of them and if they get ahold of the stick you could be in deep dodo.  ;D

Lookin forward to the final results of your deer ham.

classicrockgriller

Saw Alton Brown last nite (late) doing his show from 2001 on coutry vs. city hams.

He's a kewl cat.

sodak

10.5 -

So, is that from the three-legged deer out back of your place?   Or, did you butcher it all at once? 

OK.  Tried to make the old pig joke work - but, some jokes just don't translate into writing.  Forget I was even here!  As you were.  Later.