I need a second smoker!

Started by Smokeville, August 14, 2010, 11:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokeville

I have a OBS which is busy 3-4 days a week. We have begun selling our stuff at a Farmers' market and it is headed towards being extremely successful. So I need another smoker.

I like the idea of the 6-rack digital, but I'm so used to my OBS that it's easy to think of getting another one.

Has anyone filled all 6 racks with salmon?

Thoughts?

Thanks, Rich

Wildcat

I, like you, have the original and have never used the digital. Based on all the posts I have read, the digital seems to have more problems than the OBS. If I were you, I would go with the original (you know how well it does). If you want electronic control, I would recommend the OBS with a PID.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

I have both the OBS and 6 rack DBS. You cant beat the digital and when used with a PID its just that much better. My OBS is for cold smoking only now.

KyNola

You could always buy another set of racks and double stack them in your OBS by inverting the tops ones and double your output or add the rails that Big John T has developed that can pretty much quadruple your output.

classicrockgriller

You can buy 8 more side rails (easy installation) at "Scott's place" and make it a 12 racker.

KyNola

There you go!  CRG, how 'bout posting one of your pics of your 12 racker for him to look at?

deb415611

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 14, 2010, 01:38:10 PM
You can buy 8 more side rails (easy installation) at "Scott's place" and make it a 12 racker.

It's a very easy installation!

classicrockgriller

KyNola

beefmann

glad you  are  doing  so well, if all  goes well might  need a  third

classicrockgriller

OK Rich, I have you life mapped out for you. ;D

Max rail your OBS (12 racks) and saved some profits from that.

Buy you a 6 rack digital and make it a 18 racker then mated them together like this ...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15586.0

And then you can smoke 30 racks of salmon with the smoke it would take to smoke 4 racks.

KyNola

Dang, I forgot all about that experiment CRG and it worked great!

Smokeville

CRG, you should sell those things....

azamuner73

I wish I could sell some eats at the Farmer's Market...rules are too strict here.

Sounds like you have a good problem.   :)

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 14, 2010, 02:38:52 PM
OK Rich, I have you life mapped out for you. ;D

Max rail your OBS (12 racks) and saved some profits from that.

Buy you a 6 rack digital and make it a 18 racker then mated them together like this ...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15586.0

And then you can smoke 30 racks of salmon with the smoke it would take to smoke 4 racks.
Dang Sonny, you've got me thinking here...
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little