What is your favourite bisquette flavour for smoked salmon?

Started by chiroken, August 20, 2010, 02:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiroken

My first go around (spring) I did maple and it turned out great. This weekend I'm going to use Alder (pinks). I have a feeling this will turn out great too!!!  ;)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

3rensho

I generally use Alder for salmon.  Have used Oak as well and that is great.  I did one batch of cold smoked salmon and used an alternating mixture of Alder, Oak and Apple.  That got rave reviews.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Smokeville

I've done cherry on trout and it was great. Should work on salmon.

Quarlow

With smoked salmon you can't really go too wrong but I generally use alder. I put maple syrup on one batch I did and use maple bisquettes on those. Yup they turned out great.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smokeville

Quote from: Quarlow on August 21, 2010, 07:57:06 AM
With smoked salmon you can't really go too wrong but I generally use alder. I put maple syrup on one batch I did and use maple bisquettes on those. Yup they turned out great.

YES! YES! YES!

Delightful.

DTAggie

I like em all with Salmon.  Only wood I have not used is mesquite and hickory.

azamuner73

I haven't done smoked salmon yet but you can play around with any of the 3 mentioned above.  Aldor, Maple and Cherry.

I've done fair bit of reading and it just depends on what you want the final taste to be....all will turn out good salmon.

I'm going to use all 3 when I do some cold smoked salmon here soon.

tsquared

I'm a traditionalist I guess--alder for me. I just took about 15 lbs of cold smoked sockeye and springs out of the smoker today, vacumn sealed them and they are now in the freezer. Well, not ALL of it--it does have a way of shrinking!  ;) ;)
T2

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.